Frost on the pumpkin.

 It's not pumpkin frost this time.  That season is over.  The lawns are white this morning and the bird bath has ice sealing the water from a drink.  It's been a beautiful fall and I'm sure there will be more good days but a jacket will be added to enjoy the time spent outside.  It's a Brr. morning and my sweatshirt feels great.  

Last night I decided to skip Tylenol which proved to be a mistake.  There is a bit of discomfort all within what was related would be the case.  Things take the time they take...yes...Mary Oliver is with me again.   I'll let the jonquils have a rest in the bag instead of the ground for the day.  Healing continues.  It's a greatly appreciated gift.  

The blessing for the day is that there is nothing on the calendar than needs doing.  So the day is all mine to play with.  It's turning in to soup weather.  There's enough in the refrigerator for the next few days with some left over lettuce harvested from the garden waiting to be salad meals.  

So the day should be quiet and what ever noise I hear will be Doug noise of which there probably won't be much at all.  We anticipate the phone to ring with news indicating when a new furnace will be arriving.  Yes...if it's not one thing it's another.  We have a new roof, soon new gutters and soon a new furnace.  It would seem that we've had enough excitement with new whatevers this year to last for the rest of our being here on earth.  Oops...next spring new siding...All HAIL damage.  The furnace is not included in the HAIL damage.   It's our bill! 


  


 I'm leaving you with a picture of a friend who should be on her way to Mexico.  I use the word her because I can see the thick lines near the back of her body.  She's a mother Monarch. I was surprised that the number of Monarch's released this year was a bit small.  Gardeners always think...next year and I'm thinking the same about my Monarch friends.  

There will be lots of zinnias, swamp milkweed, dill and parsley in the garden.  All great butterfly attractors.  

All things bright and beautiful, the Lord God made them all.  

Comments

  1. Dear Neighbor, I love your blog about the garden and our friends living therein. The PT is coming tomorrow and we are making a trip to the mail box with Stella! I have never been this needy in my life and I do not enjoy the slowness of recovery but, as you say, it is what it is. Gave up oxy as it was causing more grief than relief. Now just icing to control the discomfort. Sleeping in bed most all night with very frequent trips to the bathroom (hoping that ends soon.) It's a bummer sleeping on one side only. So I move to back and chair as needed. Loved this frosty moring followed by the bright sunshine.
    Happiness abounds in CO for granddaughter, Ana, who aspires to become a mechanical engineer. She has been accepted to School of MInes in Golden, CO with a scholarship to boot! We are all so pround of her and know she has a bright future.
    That's it from the South.....much love, SJ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday