A brand new day.

 That word brand or is it bran.  My dad always added that to a whole lot of things. A brand new day was one of them.  What does brand add to the new day is my question?  I'll just say a new day. Every day is brand in my book. My early morning work is finished.  Breakfast was eaten, new suite block hanging outside, frozen water in the birdbath now thawed, seed thrown for the birds that are "ground" eaters, and the crossword puzzle stumped me this morning.  Grr.  I hate that.  Didn't consult Siri.  What's another word for an adobe house?  Haven't a clue.  

Thinking of church this morning.  The poinsettias are moving off the dining room table to church.  They look wonderful after a few weeks' visit with me having been ice cubed every day.   The palms plants used last Palm Sunday will be added.  I'm thinking Middle Eastern setting of Bethlehem.  Still thinking about other possibilities at church for decorating. I've tossed one to use another year. With the hope that a few children will be at the service, the donkey will be present.  So a ten o'clock arrival will be the start of some 4th Sunday put aways and the celebration of the Eve will appear.  I love preparing the space.  Heidi will help.  I hope for pictures today.  

The plan for the afternoon is a bit of baking.  Aldi's needs a visit on the way home from church for a few supplies.  Another knitting project is coming off the needles this morning.  One or two more to go.  


A gift from a Father Monk at the Monastery of the Holy Spirit near Conyers Ga. now hangs at North's chapel door.  Mary holding Jesus as a young child.  

One of over 100 nativities gifted to North by the Delong family.  Bob and Mozelle shepherded many congregations during their years of ministry.  Their parishioners gifted them with nativities from many countries.  North Church is honored to add nativities from this collection along with other sets to the visual celebration of the birth in a manger, each year. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday