history

 2021 Christmas Celebration in person is done!  It's been cooked.  But the memories fill every nook and cranny.  Family time together has been wonderful.  But seeing all the grandsons together tells me that time is moving along quickly.  Their bodies are filling more spaces.  Boys are becoming men alongside caring parents.  They give me great joy knowing that good things are happening with this next generation of Russell's.  

Again lots of card playing, cookie and chocolate pretzel eating, TV watching, and Chess games galore.  And of course gift giving.  The weather was a bit rainy with mud added to the problem of playing hide and seek in the dark so that was not a go this year.  

The new bird feeder is hung in the yard  Other bird supporting gifts are hung in the kitchen until summer arrives.  

This is a great picture of a great kid.  He keeps me entertained and now is glued into this hat.  


Did I mention Chess?  I have no idea how many games were played.  The only thing I can say is that there were lots of them.  Andrew had a game going for most of the time during the three days of visiting.  


The house is quiet now.  The children, big and not as big are missed but memories are rich.  Count your blessings, name them one by one.  Well, the word your should be changed to my blessings.  They are named, Eric, Kat, Andrew, and Noah. Then there is Jared, Kimmy, Jacob, Adam, and Eli.  I'll add all the extended family members and friends.  The group is huge. 

Comments

  1. Happy you had a good family Christmas gathering and have all of those great memories tucked away. A loving family is such a blessing from the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday