Long Time Friends

 Yes..I have many, many friends.  They are collected from many places.  They listen, laugh, and support through thick and thin, good and bad, the ups and the downs, delightful and not such delightful times.  I'm having lunch with one of those groups of friends.  We met and worked together 40 years ago.  They are my long-time friends I could say.  We were first-grade teachers, a great awesome team of four.  And we have continued to meet and eat through the years.  Now we can be called widows, grandmothers, church ladies, remarried, travelers, and successful recovers from serious illness, persistently tough ladies.  Our titles are just a bit more descriptive in these retirement years.  Little did we know.  We call ourselves the Muldoon gang, the name of a restaurant in downtown Carmel a  place that became our oasis outside of the classroom.  So no matter where we eat or go these days we are Muldoon's.  Yesterday, I stopped in at the Educational Store.  What a journey back to another time.  This time though it was a gift for a grandson, not a school need.  Moving on is what life brings.  Taking the challenge to move. That's a goal that should never grow old. Some moves are small, some huge but moving is the goal. 

So the move to PT with balance improvement goals and the move to surround my dental work with safekeeping, compromised by radiation will demand new moves in care.  Those goals listed in capital letters are my assignment to be accomplished.  It's time to be a student again doing the best that is needed.  I have great teachers.

PS...40 years sounds like a long time ago.  I guess it is.  That's what happens when long life is awarded to one's body and mind.  It just happens.  I call it a gift beyond measure.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday