Slow Low Sunday.

 Not sure about the Sunday after Christmas but I know that the Sunday after Easter is called Low Sunday.  Today was a low slow after Christmas morning at church.  One service and it was pretty slim pickings in attendance with Diane G in the pulpit. . It was a Jesus in the temple Sunday.  Fewer people made it all the better to sit apart but I did miss people.  Met up with Leigh Mamlin and family.  What a treat.  I call Leigh's parents long hauler friends of many, many years. Seeing Leigh and her family was the best that could happen on any given Sunday here visit parents from Columbus Ohio. 

Lunch is over, football is playing, knitting is the pass time event needing to be finished by tonight.  

Today I'll share with you the mother of all Christmas Cactus owned by my friend Kathy.  It's a very, very, old plant.  Much older than me.   It's very old.  



I think there are two huge pots supporting this picture.  You have just met a friend in picture number 1.


Picture number 2.  This is my Christmas Cactus started from the picture number 1 mother about 3 years ago.  It's thinking about blooming with one bud showing pink near the bottom of the picture.  There are a few beginning buds but I think this baby needs to buckle under and get going.  I might be calling this a Valentine Cactus.  But whatever its name, I'm happy to have this whatever Cactus in the dining room growing with help into a worthy addition to the Russell family.  I won't be here to celebrate it's 100 the birthday but I'll be here to celebrate the gifts that it will give, no matter the size.  

The plant stand is one my mother had for as long as I can remember so perhaps that's the old in picture no. 2


Comments

  1. This is a spectacular plant. It owns up to the testament of good care. As for yours, Lela, how about a little cactus fertilizer to get those lovely pick buds appearing in abundance? Just a thought from your neighbor to the South, Great plant stand, too.
    Did you enjoy the fog this morning out your kitchen window? I sure did.
    Hoping to clean out my pantry and make a trip to The Reef for a small school of fresh water fish. My 9 year old goldfish is no more. He passed a week or so ago and the aquarium is empty without fish.
    Happy New Year to all the Russells from the Armstrong next door.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday