Surely it is God.

Yesterday was church day and the choir sang words from Isaiah 11.  Surely it is God who saves me, I will trust in him and not be afraid.  For the Lord is my stronghold and my sure defense, and he will be my savior.  I heard those words for the first time at a Conference supporting Music and the Arts more than 25 years ago.  I remember singing them on the way back to Indianapolis.  My, how those words have supported me through the thick and thin times of this past year.  I have a stronghold and I have been defended.  My thanks is beyond measure.  

At church, the third Advent candle. noted as the candle of Joy was lit. The sermon about Joy suggested that the following seven points might be anchors of support for Joy in our lives. 

1. Table the heavy stuff. 2. Be surrounded by positive people.   3. Enjoy the little things.  4. Pause for beauty.  5.  Praise daily.        6.  Give weekly.  7. Take the long view.  I would agree with all of the above.  My friend Doris would often say, Choose Joy!  

At 2 PM the choir met at Alice's apartment.  We caroled for her.  Alice is a long-time choir member and now is harnessed with a body that no longer permits her to do as she would wish. So we went to see her and caroled for her.  

Later in the day an accepted invitation to an Umoja Christmas celebration with a whole host of Umoja friends at our Umoja leaders home filled hours with a whole lot of talk on just about everything.  It was a time of reconnecting after our very successful fundraising Thanksgiving event.  The food was wonderful, the tree alive, freshly cut, and beautifully decorated, accompanied great conversations filling the time.  We are aware of our student friends in Kenya benefiting from an education that will stay with them for the rest of their lives because of our fundraising work.  The beat goes on with more plans for the new year. 

I would say that my Sunday was filled to the brim with Joy.  And I know it will continue with prayer and peace that passes all understanding.  Oh, be Joyful in the Lord.  Words from the Psalms and words sung by the choir on many occasions.  The tune is sounding in my head. The gift of singing can never be measured.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday