4 degrees above zero

Where does that lead?  Easy answer, soup time.  In the freezer now...Chicken vegetable and chili soup,  In the refrigerator, split pea and ham.  On the stove, a big pot of 12 bean soup and ham gives this Hillsdale kitchen a place of great smells.  Last night the 12 bean bag of beans started soaking, this morning with a 5 am wake up I got busy,   If there are onions and celery somewhere in the kitchen with perhaps a touch of real meat or bullion, some kind of soup is possible.  I'm thinking potato soup next.  Just thinking!  I have one more onion and plenty of celery.  

Yesterday, Marcia made a comment about pea soup and since there was plenty already in the refrigerator, I decided to share.  So I did but discovered that it was the Novi Marcia that made the comment.  Woo...delivering soup to Michigan is just not so easy.  Yes, I have two great Marcia friends.  Lucky for me, Carmel Marcia loves split pea soup.  Novi Marcia got a phone call instead of soup.  She needs to use her imagination.  Poor thing.  It's just not the same.  Next summer my hope is that we can have a split pea soup celebration at the Pines in Copper Harbor. 

The plan for today is to stay warm and watch for birds, have some bean soup, play some cards and be grateful for all that has been given.  



Comments

  1. The soup on the stove looks good - and all the soup in the fridge sounds yummy. You may not have to cook again until spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soup looks yummy and the others sound so good. You sure are up early and busy as a bee. Too bad Michigan is not on the delivery route. Boo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday