A first day of the week.

And as usual, this day will include church.  It's a marker that keeps me centered with focused thinking for the week ahead.  Today, North Chruch celebrates the Baptism of Jesus with visuals and rituals.  Shells, a symbol of baptism fill wreaths and banners. At the window just outside the sanctuary, a font filled with water and shells are placed asking folks to remember their own baptism as they enter for worship.   


During the service, Darren will also ask congregants to remember their own baptism and with bowls of water and natural sponges soaked in that water taken from the sanctuary font, fling water across those worshiping. 

We will be wet with remembrances of our own commitment made at our baptism,  at our renewal of vows each January as well as for some, a commitment made for them baptized as infants.  

I love this ritual and look forward to celebrating it in some manner each year.  

A personal celebration of what seems to be my head now devoid of spinning is mine to enjoy.   Thanks be to God.  I am also grateful for P T friend Michael guiding me toward healing.  May he continue to share his knowledge with others who suffer vertigo. I'm adding Michael to many of Gods' healers.  There have been more than a few in my life lately.  

The rest of the day, a little football with the Colts needing a win for the playoffs.  We'll see how that goes.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday