Another week.

 It seems that the weeks are less than 7 days.  Time flies is a very truthful saying..  So the week is over again.  Yesterday was a grocery day with Meijer coupons.  Grocery shopping is an interesting event with everyone pushing those little carts looking for stuff that the grocer seems to think needs moving at least every month to some new shelf.  It's a cat and mouse event. The question surfaces...where is it?  

 Shopping gets me out with folks.  I always seem to discover something funny that amuses me.  Talking with a stranger happened with a banana conversation yesterday.  Children shopping with their grandmothers continue to amuse me. Yesterday one cart was full of food and a 4-year-old.  I wanted to ask what aisle for that gem. Another little boy found an interesting seat on the bottom cart shelf.  It worked beautifully. He could walk or ride at his own choosing. So  I continue to do my own shopping rather than hire a shopper for me. I choose to do the necessary work that keeps this household moving along rather than ask someone to take a Covid risk for me.  

The afternoon found time for another soup creation.  This time potato.  Any soup must start with onions and celery in my kitchen.  Add potatoes, a little milk, some garlic and carrots, a mixer, an immersion blender, and soup happens.  Add a little celery salt and it's a done deal.  Parsley and chives would make it better but I need to wait for the summer garden. Bummer!!!!

It's time to thaw the bird's water, move the suet to the hanger, and make sure that the bluebirds have their mealworms.  They usually check in around 10 am.  Looking forward to entertainment at the window.  It's always interesting to see who shows up and how well they seem to look out for each other.   A lesson for more of the world to observe.  

Comments

  1. I used to sit under the cart, when I was little enough to get there! ! !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday