Red sails in the morning.

 Sailors take warning.  And in this case maybe it's a warning for more cold weather.  I think central Indiana is landlocked.  

 
This was the sunrise this morning during the short drive to take Eric to work.  What a beautiful gift to start the workweek.  The sculptures are found at Carme's Central Park hovering over the children's water play area.  A side of the road stop made this picture possible.  


Yesterday was a bird thinking day.  Lots of books to dream ideas.  And here is the Russell version of a beautiful copper wire oriole feeder I found in one of the books. Since there was no copper wire anywhere I used chicken wire and a little bit of other wire, I think this might work. I'm ready orioles  I sprayed the wire green and maybe it will need a little orange color added.  Grape jelly will fill the glass container.  Orioles were in the yard last summer but I think it was a stopover couple of weeks on their way to Midland. It was my first oriole summer fun.  

Jared told me this morning Juncos were seen eating at their Michigan feeders.  I've never seen a Junco on a feeder.  Here they are ground eaters.  Proof that birds change their habits when necessary.   
My books tell me that apples are a great snack for some of the birds I have been seeing at the feeders.  So...it's apple eating time, maybe!  That is if the apples don't freeze.  
I haven't seen any chipmunks lately eating any spilled seeds.  And when I do as I did last summer, the have a heart trap will be in full use,  Judy.  Never fear I want my neighbors to continue to like me.  Birds of a feather, flock together.  That is certainly true in the winter.  The flock turns into a multitude of different birds so the flock is interesting to watch.  

Comments

  1. Red sky for sure! My dad always said that saying to me. Brings back memories. Good job on the Oriole feeder. They should love that. So that must be what live traps for chipmunks are called...Have a heart traps. I will be setting mine if I see any of those little critters.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday