Sleepy Sunday.

 From my childhood days, I wondered why the adults always took naps Sunday afternoon.  Such a waste of time so I thought.  I guess I'm an adult.  This afternoon the waste of time and unexpected nap has occurred once again while sitting in the rocker.  I'm always surprised when I wake up.  Hadn't planned on that sleep, it just happens.  

Another church morning with great music and a sermon about being included in the family of God.  Football now happening but our dear Colts are sitting this one out.  They gave it their all which just didn't quite last long enough.  

It's a beautiful sunny afternoon but still a bit chili out.  Yesterday's check on those once beautiful?  green weeds now are exhibiting an even more beautiful dead color. Woo, woo.  The mealworms left for the morning Bluebird bunch have totally disappeared after checking the feeder on returning home from church.  They were here.  The highest number munching at the same time has been five.  They even have been hanging around their nesting boxes.  That's a great sign.  

This winter I continue to stew over the Christmas Cactus.  For 2022, the cactus has been named the MLK Cactus.  There are 7 buds looking like they might do something.  One is out in front of the others.  There was a very early bird bloom a couple of weeks ago.  So...I'll accept the cactus offering with grace continuing to think that this year's offering is a worthy one.  
There is always the thought that next year the gift will be a larger one.  In a few weeks, it will be time to cut this plant back giving it a jump start for spring growth.  I will do a better job making it a bit smaller as Kathy does every year.  I  was not very aggressive last spring.  Never fear...this year is here!!!! soon. Soon time to get her done.  


Comments

  1. I must be an adult, I love those naps! Beautiful Bluebird!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely an adult! Especially when I am sitting in my chair reading.

    It is COLD here with a travel advisory. No snow stuck from the "winter storm." And there MAY be ice on the road - so the governor is cautioning Georgians about driving this morning.

    I know, I know - you Hoosiers are laughing your heads off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday