Something different.

 The past 24 hours have been something different.  I would choose not to repeat them. Thursday afternoon PT assignments were extremely difficult to complete.  Other times...easy peasy.  Not yesterday.  So I took breaks and tried again.  Hard, Difficult, Challenging are a few descriptive words.  Breathing was a gulping for air experience. . There was never enough of it.  Then about a half hour after getting home around 4:30 I discovered that instead of heartbeats of 80 or so a minute there were 190 heartbeats a minute.  So back to the hospital we went to. My home away from home.  The hardest part of taking that drive was the fact that I needed to admit that something new was a miss.  What a bummer.  When the number of beats was announced, the E R Room filled with many people doing a more than the commendable job of poking, preparing and supporting.  Once more surrounded with angels was the feeling.  

In the E R doctor's practice of many years, she has only seen this manover work 5 times.  Now she can use the number six. So this miracle maneuver corrected the out-of-control beats, much to a thankful, supportive doctor and to the surprise of all the nurses as well as Doug and I.  Yes, a miracle happened there  More time was spent at the hospital meeting another new, this time cardiac doctor now added to my medical team of friends. A crazy ending to Thursday's colonoscopy event for Doug A few tests were completed today and another is scheduled for next Friday. 

 Life continues on a path not knowing where it will lead but realizing that others are alongside.  This could be something that could happen again.  I have a remedy.  Or it might never happen again.  Time will tell.  Medication will help to easy the mind lessening events. And who was waiting to great us when we walked into the kitchen.  Late afternoon Bluebirds.  They are morning birds but today they added a 4 o'clock visit.  How sweet. 

So the evening will be quiet,  The word from the doctor is that I can move on to my regular living with perhaps just a caution on lifting for a few days. Now I need to read to absorb all the parts of SVT supraventricular tachycardia that will help me understand what this next chapter in life could hold.  This body I live in certainly can be unpredictable at times.  It's time to rest my mind in the garden with another wonderful picture of what was and what could be coming.  

Just a great reminder of the "work horse" plant of the garden.  Lantana.  Always blooming, does a great job of living through rainless days.  Butterflies love them and so do I.  Such pretty colors looking great every day.  Not many surprises with this flower. Just a dependable giver of a resting place for eyes and butterflies and always looking good.  Living without surprises has it's good side.  I think the Russells on Hillsdale have had their fair share for a while.  A few days without might be a good surprise, come to think of it.  


Comments

  1. I’m so glad it turned out well. Very scary. Life certainly keeps you on your toes.
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful you were number six and God did a miracle for you. You are a miracle lady for sure! I was praying as soon as Kimmy let me know you were going to stay in the hospital be cause of your heart rate being so high. I sure am glad you are ok and will be praying there are no more episodes like that. Thankful for the wisdom the doctor had and for all those angels you had around you. Beautiful flower pictures....can't wait for that time of year again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday