All for the Birds.

 Yes...Yesterday, Monday was an exciting day.  It started with rain...not too exciting!  And if you read yesterday's blog you know the Orioles came.  Well, I think there is only one truth to be told.  I first noticed the Oriole feeder was swinging a whole lot with something flying up high.  Oriole?  Nah!  But I watched the spot for a few minutes and Low and Be Hold!   Yup...Oriole!  I tried some pictures but the feeder was too far from the window.   After a few minutes of thinking I decided to move all the feeders so that particular one would be closer to the window with a dome over it to keep the rain out of the jelly.  The move was completed during the shower and the feeder was restocked with all that is needed.  Within 2 minutes my orange friend was back, eating from the feeder and later from a little cup of jelly that I hung near by. 

So I spent the morning in the kitchen checking on the birds with the kitchen job making cream of asparagus soup.  Yum, yum.  I was able to take a lot of pictures.  I didn't burn the soup.  My hope is that we'll see this orange beauty tomorrow..  My friend was AWOL all afternoon.  

A comment Jared made years ago was that the Hummingbirds come when the coralbells are blooming.  So with that memory out came the Hummingbird feeder and now hangs ready for their visit.  The buds are appearing on all of the coralbells.  Got to be ready for those scouts as well.  


We made a visit to Wild Birds Unlimited on 86th street.  They have some wonderful Oriole feeders!  We're ready for more fun.  I took time to clean out and wash up last year's Wren 
gourd house.  


The smoke tree has had a wren house hanging from its branches for many years with usually two families each summer raising little singers for use to enjoy.  


We still see the Warbler as well as Nuthatches, Bluebirds, House Finch and Yellow Finch, Tufted Titmouse along with Cardinals, Doves, Robins, Chickadee, and a whole lot of Sparrows.  Oops...Left out all the woodpeckers.  Piliated, Downey, 

Later in the day, I cleaned up some ground cover.  I didn't finish with the thought of another day to complete would be best.  This old dog is learning new tricks.  Yahoo!  

PS,,,Tues. morning...Orange Bird was at the jelly this morning.  

 

Comments

  1. Your bird pictures are just beautiful. Love how close they were. Keep those pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday