Beautiful Day.

 I was outside early, early.  It was cool but a jacket helped a whole lot.  I checked for more milkweed and sure enough, more has appeared.  The camera took a few picture shots.  This post is near a stone path between two gardens from the south.  The door handle is from an ice cream shop we visited many, many years ago while on vacation.  A gift from Leslie.  And yes, there is a bluebird box on the other side of the post open for occupation. My bluebird houses have no bluebirds yet.  Just sparrows doing their squatter nest building. I'm happy to add that the wrens are back.  I haven't seen them but I certainly have heard the males singing during the morning hours. This morning a wonderful piliated woodpecker was harassing a sparrow.  Or was the sparrow doing the harassing?  An interesting site.  

I have become aware again of colors seen in the spring growing seasons.  So many yellows...celandine poppies, jonquils and blues, bluebells and woodland flowers vinca and more.  Ukraine flag colors.  My much-used no longer safe to sit on wicker chair sits in the middle of a patch of Black-eyed Susans.  I added some silk flowers and a throw to my chair.  
                  It was once a place to rest. Now it's a memory.

I moved a few plants.  Took care of a few weeds.  Worked on a better path that crosses the vegetable/flower garden and filled a few pots with contributions that I'll take to the church garden plant swop in a few weeks.  There will be more added to that collection. 


The birdbath got a great cleanout and the birdbath fountain was added.  That says there will be no more ice on the pond this spring.  


It seems that green has exploded in the garden.  It's a peaceful color.  I want to get the little pond filled and going very soon.  The solar pump that helped to keep the water aerated is not working so a new one has been ordered.  It's a job I look forward to being completed Each year I think of new ways to get the liner in the ground, water in the 13 gal tub, and the pump working.  Fish will be added in a few weeks.  Another day in the garden staying away from Lilacs.  That's not a good place for a while.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday