Busy as a bee

 I love busy days. Yesterday was one of those starting with a trip to church.  Heidi and I made some changes at the altar with a fresh look for the coming month.  We worked in the kitchen adding a few things.  We're taking it slowly hoping to provide things that will be useful to those using the Gathering Place.  Work continued on the candle closet making that area a bit more useful by shifting things around to capture more shelf space.  

In the afternoon with warmer temperatures, the garden was the place to be.  The bloodroot continues to bloom.

Edging of flowerbeds continues with more to finish.  

One sad event happening is the demise of the maple tree providing shade and wonderful bird roosting limbs.  The tree is now without much of an inside part but still standing.  It's offering up materials for the path that winds through the garden leading past the healthy bunch of bluebells. The tree was planted years before we moved to the house almost 48 years ago.  Nothing last forever.   

My body is telling me that it's a bit sore with the trappings of work.  This year it's been wonderful weather...work outside...rainy and cold,...stay inside...wonderful weather... then cold.  Yup.  I'm ready for always to be outside with the hope that the body will stop talking to me and just be happy with where I put it.  

This morning the birds have been taken care of and I've added the oriole feeder even though they won't be here for a long time.  The bright orange gives the garden a new look.  I think a trip to Wild Birds is in store.  Food is getting a bit low.  




  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday