The sixth day of the week.

 I've seen a whole lot of Fridays.  I had no plan for the day.  Nothing.  No appointments...Just do what falls in front of me.  So I did.  Charlie appeared on the schedule for a while.  Transplanting some little plants that were produced by their mothers and ready to be on their own appeared on the schedule.  Watering recent transplants appeared.  Checking for more milkweed...NONE!  Finding dill that has reseeded and checking the J in the Pulpit appeared as well.  Just an easy morning.  

Early afternoon I decided to do a bit more scratching in the dirt and because I have about a gal of marigold seed I decided planting some wouldn't hurt a bit.  Humm...is the ground warm enough to germinate seeds?  Probably not but it's worth a try.  Never hurts to gamble when there is more seed around.  So I planted a few seeds.  
This marigold spot should be far enough away from the guy who sprays the grass for weeds.  I hope for no killing drift this time finding this new place in the garden.  There is enough seed in this gal. size bag harvested a few years ago for all of Carmel.  



I got a phone call from my friend Larry who recently had a knee replacement.  He is in rehab now and needed a visit.  So I did that in the late afternoon, sharing garden stories and visiting old pictures stored on my iPhone.  It was good for him as well as good for me giving us both time to talk and for me a time to sit.  Larry is a church member who worked with us for years when we met early on Sunday mornings to offer Hospitality Time.  I promised to be back with him again.  He's been in rehab for 2 weeks with more to go.  The afternoon is a very slow time for this guy who would like to be busy with others things and as well be out and about.  It would seem he might be a slow healer.  I hope that not to be true.  


The solar pump arrived for the little pond in the afternoon.  It's all hooked up and ready to go with a full charge coming when the sun is longer to be out.  There is a backup feature that should keep the pumps going even through the night, oxygenating the water.  We'll see if this all comes together.  Nothing ventured is nothing gained.  

So once again grateful for a day of good things.  Grateful for a night of rest.  Grateful for friends like Larry and the memories that we have made together.  Grateful for the healing that will come to him and the healing that I have experienced.  All is well, all is well. 
 In this instance,  Gratitude is one of the ties that keep us bound together.  


























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday