Thursday News

 I tackled the pond in the early morning knowing that this was a biggie that would take time and that's exactly what I needed, lots of time.  And little by little the pond for 2022 is now ready for the pump.  This little corner of interest started when grandson Noah was going through a digging stage that went on for a couple of years.  His favorite pastime at Grandma's house was digging holes in the garden. He had his own digging tools.  One hole became so large that he could stretch out in it.  Now he was a little guy at that point but never-the-less the hole was big.  So we eventually turned it into a pond which took care of that hole and probably a few more.  The time and rabbit ear plants will fill in closer to the water's edge.  But the bones are here and the next part is easy.  The solar pump from Amazon should arrive today but I've seen that Amazon truck and the Fed Ex truck and The brown truck and the mailman already.  No pump yet. My big job for the day is over.


Wild onions are a curse in the flowerbeds.  They are great reproducers.   I've had enough for everyone in Indiana to have one and I've dug them all out.  I discovered that there were some bunches by the mailbox so after lunch I headed to the mailbox to deliver those onions from dirt confinement, of course leading to more work.  A few years ago I planted more than once, Blackeyed Susans by the mailbox.  The neighbor yard mowers hit those flowers with the weed wacker every time eliminating the plant.  So today since we have great new neighbors that do their own mowing, a new attempt has been made to spruce up the mailbox.  

This attempt might disappear as well knowing a new driveway is coming in June.  We'll see.  Until then all will be fine.  Never fear, there are many more Susans where these came from.  

Our Dogwood tree brings back sweet memories of our Confirmation Trips to Atlanta with Sara Ellen and Nancy Baxter and about 15 North kids.  That happened during spring break and the Atlanta Dogwood Trees in good OLD Buckhorn were just stunning.  I remember driving through this older section of beautiful Atlanta wishing for a stop somewhere just to look long and hard.  The environment has created very old trees that are very large.  Nothing skimpy about them.  So...my dear little tree is still important to my memory box of experiences with friends. 

An Easter Peeps for Dee.  Another name...Gold Finch.  They are bringing their family and friends to lunch. They really to peep!  


Today...Thursday...another choir evening.  I'm calling it quits for any more projects. Things are looking good.  Still pulling Charlie every minute that I can.  What a blessing to see a new day, to have another season in the garden and to visit with neighbors and friends elsewhere.  Blessings abound.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday