A productive day.

 Productive if you count another chipmunk who trapped himself.  I don't even see them running until they are in the trap.  One a day and for one of those days two.  Better success at this than fishing.  Great luck continues.  And today, Thursday scored another one.  The baby squirrel has avoided the trap so far.

        Pretty little flower called Love in a Mist.  It seeds itself and fills in a lot of small spaces.                                     The seeds form inside a little paper like ball that is just as pretty as the flower. 

The morning rain was of two kinds.  First misty and then the pour down came.   There is more than an inch in the gauge for this one.  The plants seem to have gained in size as well.  Full and growing even fuller!  Maybe they have a little bloat!  



I was out and about driving the chipmunk to the nearby but far enough away woods.  Ace hardware got some money for potting soil, a small bottle of RoundUp, and some Preen. The afternoon was filled with repotting plants to take to Michigan for Jared and Kimmy's garden.  

            More digging for the trip north to come when Nicci brings me more plant pots to fill tonight.                                                             Such fun to share an interest with the Michigan family.  

I ended the out and about trip with a stop at the library for a new set of gardening books. .  Much to my surprise, the library was full of mothers and children carrying huge stacks of books out the front door.  Humm...School must be out.  It's summer reading time for many.  I remember all those years of knowing exactly how many days till the school year was over.  This one really slipped up on me.  Oh, yes, I remember now...I'm retired.  What a gift.  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday