A Simple Day.

 That was Tues...Simple.  Watering in the morning only included the pots of flowers found around the yard.  The rest of the morning was a church morning.  I headed south with some vinca to plant in the pot that held Lantana.  There were more reasons for the trip than just Vinca.  About every three months, a Bread and Bowl order is submitted for vegetables, margarine, and fruit to McFarlings. That needed to happen again and the order form was at church. After planting the vinca and an additional 8 gal. of water added to the pot in the parking lot at church I headed in to do the order.  I also returned about 40 yards of red fabric that we used for our yearly Pentecost sanctuary visuals celebration. A lot of talk about new procedures at Bread and Bowl coming in July were discussed with the Tuesday crew of B and B workers. I missed an important meeting while visiting with Jared and family.  The morning was simply a good one with a lot accomplished.  

When I passed neighbor Judy's house on the way home I passed a beautiful Mimosa tree in bloom.  I needed that picture.  The flowers past their prime that fell on the ground were almost as beautiful as those in the tree.  I call that God art.  

I saw these trees in bloom in the forests of the south looking almost invasive.  I wonder if that is really the case.  

The afternoon was spent with the January 6th team of witnesses.  Lots of surprises but perhaps not really.  It's how some folks in the world work.  Power is something to hold carefully.  It can destroy also.  

Supper included another salad, this time with some delicious tomatoes from the garden.  I forget how good they taste after a fall, winter and spring without vine-ripened tomatoes.  They were so tasty,.. too. That word tasty reminds me of Lucille B selling vita meta vegamun.  The family gets it!  I've never spelled that word before.  During our visit at Thanksgiving with family in Georgia, we experience a marathon of old Loucie shows. The "tasty" show is one of our favorites. 

                            . There is just about everything but the kitchen sink in the picture.  

The day is almost over and that's a good thing.  I like those productive days.  Time to walk the garden a bit looking for any stress among my garden friends.  The heat lovers had a great day. There are others who might need a bit of help.

Comments

  1. Are you un-poopular? Do you pop out at parties?

    Yes, the mimosa are lovely - and I think they are native here in the south.

    And, remember, mimosas to drink - they are tasty, too. 1 part champagne to 1 part orange juice. A refreshing mid-morning drink! Or for breakfast . . .

    I am eagerly awaiting our first tomatoes. We have loads of cucumber and zucchini and green beans at the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday