Beautiful low temp. and humidity Monday

 I'm talking about the weather. There just aren't enough good adjectives to describe this morning.  I was out and about at 8 and worked till 11.  I didn't stop because of the weather.  I just ran out of energy gas.  Three hours will do it.  I worked in the herb garden making the basil look good, trimming back the sweetpea plant, found weeds to pull, and cut down one of the Stella D'oro daylilies, and just futzed.  The lilly will regrow and look nice again in a few weeks.  Daylilies can just look terrible as they age.  It was a glorious morning.  I didn't want it to stop.  


                        A honey bee on common milkweed.  Still waiting to welcome the Monarchs.

Inside for two hours with lunch, TV, and a surprise fall asleep.  And then outside again.  I found this Big Birtha pepper.  Never fear for this time in the summer months it is about as big as a thimble.  I have no idea how big a Big Birtha grows.  

        Cute little pepper waiting to be stuffed.  I'll be waiting for a while.  Stuffed peppers, yum, yum. 

In the afternoon I moved rocks, edged one garden, and then moved the rocks back again to their edge of the garden.  It was a little warmer so I stayed outside for only 2 hours.  I've got to remember this wonderful temperature day.  One blue garbage can is full.  A little nip here, a big snip there and it all added up.  Doug trimmed the Mock Orange bush.  


The last planting of zinnias was a bit sparse so I planted more.  Crazy. The seeds are more of the ones I saved.  It's an experimental planting!  

The weather was perfect for supper on the patio.  

I checked on the neighbor's vegetable garden after supper and spotted two more red tomatoes.  But I also discovered that the garden was in terrible need of water.  Raised bed gardening requires more water than inground gardening.  So...carrying water and snipping bad tomato vines was the evening work.  I'm sure by morning there will be a big change for the better. 

                                      This should be a Hubbard squash.  The shape is a giveaway. 

Doug continues to check the trap line.   No Monday trip is necessary.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday