Consumed.

 

Queen of the Prairie  I try my best to imagine what the Prairie looked like when this flower was in bloom over a large area along with other prairie flowers.  It must have been a sight.  

Another early morning with wordle and crossword, a walk through the garden, breakfast, and bird music.  A super way to start a day quietly and uninterrupted.  Try it...you might like it.  Doug is such a night owl and I roll up the sidewalk early in the evening. With that comes an early rise and Doug crawls out when I say half the morning is gone.  To each his own!  

I bought two different pepper plants.  This one is really ahead of the other one.  We ate one for supper. 

As usual just a little watering during the morning hours.  I have many basil plants that need to be transplanted.  I transplanted quite a few a couple of weeks ago and now there are more to find a home.  I was out of space so in the afternoon I pulled lettuce past its prime in my garden and the neighbor's garden and planted more basil plants.  I will be consumed with pesto in a month or so.  
                                    A cute little cucumber coming on but it's really, really little.                                                                          I think I'll be buying a few before this one is ready.  


            And here is the basil.  Happy and growing along with a whole bunch of other basil plants.  

                                            I have enough plants needing a home for the neighborhood. 


The afternoon brought more consuming but interesting Trump news.  Love seeing Bob Woodward and    Carl Bernstein from the Watergate hearings. They have a wonderful command of words.  Nice to hear from two gentlemen probably about my age.  


And the evening once again brought a garden walk.  The basil is so perky.  It appears to like its new setting even more than the old one.   




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday