Decent Day

No plans for the day so whatever happened I can say it was on the list. It started easy. Just one of those walk-arounds to see if there was a party overnight. Thurs night seemed to be pretty tame with the exception that one marigold has completely disappeared. Must have tasted pretty good. 

                                    Two days ago there were lots of buds. Walla... the picture has changed.  

I looked long and hard at the Lenten Rose bed and decided where there could be more open areas happening. And it did happen. Then on to the front of the house bed and decided that all... yes all of the For-get-me-nots were on the way out. Not to worry. I'll never get them all. Woo... that opened a whole lot of space. The north bed in the front of the house is next. Garbage cans are almost full. I've got to remember that before I tear into the north side.


                            This was a solid mass of Lenten Roses a couple of days ago.  Another purge this morning. 
                                                        Am I finished with the purge?  That is still to be determined 


My Aldi's grocery cart was full to the brim.  The take-home bags included camping food. Then off to a nearby Kroger to see if I could find Krastez Pancake Mix.  I nabbed two big bags and all the Russells will have a guaranteed to be delicious camping breakfast.  Veg. oil is purchased but the syrup is yet to come.  There was talk last summer about buying a gal. of syrup for the two weeks.   Doug got his tuna/chicken salad lunches and I have noodle soup.  I'd say we're almost but not quite ready with the food part. One more set of drawers to fill. 


It would appear that another Russell tent vacation in the UP of Michigan is not too far away. 

Chipmunks were spotted this morning with two almost running across Doug's feet.  I've added the Judy trap which by 2 pm had proven to be working.  I decided to wait a bit to see if any more were lucky enough to take a car ride.  


                              Call me anxious.  I'm waiting with bated breath to see the first zinnia, whose seed I planted, bloom.                                                  What color will it be? This picture shows the color of the center not the peddles.   I'm waiting. 

The day yielded just one chipmunk and Doug made the run.  This evening ALL the plants got a good drink and I'll repeat that in places in the morning just for good measure.  a cooling change in the weather is coming for the weekend and that includes a change in the garden.  Onward and forward.  Gardening is not easy work but I would say the challenge of lifting and carrying water, digging where needed as well as other gardening chores for me has created a body that is strong and pliable considering how many years it's been around.  The doctor's continued report is that "my numbers are wonderful".  They tell me a lot.  I am more than grateful.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday