Dress up day.

 Yes, I still do that for church although it's not a dress these days.  Can't remember when I wore one of those.  Watered early in the morning.  It feels like I'm in a rut.  Then off to church.  The choir sang an anthem.  Next Sunday the same rut and then it's summer choir which I usually skip. Sometimes I love being a simple pew sitter. After church services were over we did the final preparation for Lou's memorial service Monday. 

Beautiful purple cabbage with the companion plant chamomile beside it.  Not a bug hole in the cabbage  Hum...companion plant?  I planted the cabbage before I knew about companion plants.  Cabbage plants are elsewhere in the garden with holes.  No chamomile growing beside them. I snuck one littlIe chamomile flower in the corner of the picture.   It reminds me of Where is Waldo. 


Sunday afternoon saw a Father's Day phone call from Jared.  Doug also made another trip to the woods.  This time with an adult squirrel.  How he managed to get into the cage was amazing filling up almost every part of the trap.  There was a reunion with all the children who had made their own trip to the woods.  Later I spied another baby squirrel climbing the tree. 


The first Becky daisy showed up this afternoon.  There will be many in the garden this summer.  Beckies are the best daisy with sturdy long stems and the sense to know it's best not to roam all over the place.  

Watched some TV.  Slept a little and did a watering event in the evening knowing that the coming week will be another steamer.  I noticed the one Hollyhock is beginning to bloom.  I love those little flowers but so do the deer.  With that in mind, I did a bit of deer spraying on the blackberry bush.  

My one hollyhock flower.  If you live in the vicinity of Nora which is 86th and Westfield Blvd. keep your eyes glued to the median near Kroger and Haibigs. (I hope you are not driving)  There are beautiful Hollyhocks in bloom right now.  A few years ago I gathered seeds from that median risking my life so to speak at 9 pm when traffic was slower. I need a return visit this year.  We are treated to more hollyhock eye candy when vacationing in Copper Harbor.  The air is moist, the temperature perfect and the Hollyhocks appear to be growing bigger and faster in their heaven.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday