Saturday.

 Once again the day began with coffee and the garden.  The plants look refreshed after a cooler night having also received a drink before darkness came.  A few got a second slurp this morning.  





The bergamot is beginning to bloom.  In my mother's garden, I thought they looked like an unkept roosters comb. 


This plant is also called Monarda.  It's a Hummingbird favorite.  Since I mentioned Hummingbirds I need to say that the Bluebirds visited their nesting boxes.  Is it a little late for thinking babies?  I don't have a clue about the answer.  





I added this arrangement to the dining room table.  


Then it was a trip to church to pack up some Pride visuals and place an appropriate banner on the pulpit. Sing God a Simple Song, was our choice for a coming memorial service for Lou Chenette Monday.  The altar flowers Sunday will also be a tribute to Lou who lived his life in music as the head of the music dept. at Butler University.  A wonderful man who lived well into his nineties married for more than 70 years to dear Emily. They were balcony people Sunday after Sunday at North.




Sunday morning flowers and flowers for Lou Chenette's service on Monday. 

When
When leaving the church Saturday I once again passed the large pot of weeds that has been around for some time.  But this time I stopped and decided that a pot with nothing in it was better than a pot of weeds.  The trip home took me past Sullivans hardware store which is also packed full of plants.  I had to stop. Then a return to church and after less than a total of 15 minutes of work the pot that supported weeds and then nothing now supports three wonderful bright orange Lantana. It's my super workhorse of a plant that loves the heat which will surround it since the pot sits on the blacktop in the parking lot.  Did anyone else see the pot of weeds and care?  Perhaps caring not enough.   

This afternoon was a quiet one.  Two chipmunks trapped themselves and Doug did the honors of moving them to the woods.  A little watering happened.  The neighbors are on their way to experience a two-week medical mission trip to East Africa with a host of Pediatric doctors.  Children are sure to be their focus.  I'm the caretaker of some beautiful plants while they are gone.  



The neighborhood garage sale happened with many items just simply give away.  One man's trash is another's treasure.  I'm loaded with priority boxes of many sizes for my Michigan potters as well as clamps to create sawhorses.  They will head north at vacation time. 

Saturday ended quietly with a little TV and a few evening naps.  
A great ending to another day gifted with life.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday