An on my toes Saturday morning.

 That's right...This Saturday morning I needed to be on my toes.  Not so much in the afternoon.  The morning was enough of that toe stuff.  

                                    That's a wake-up call...Oranges do it every time. 

This was my morning to work at Bread and Bowl, our come-to-lunch event at church for the community folks. I made it my business to arrive at church before the rest of the crew checked in.  Two of our steady workers were in Alaska.  To my dismay, our Second Helpings firm did not deliver any main dish for us to serve.  What to do?  Get busy!!! Don't panic!!! I must admit this happened once before to the Sat. crew.  I would use the same solution.  I called Sarah Ellen who was on her way to church to work asking her to stop at the grocery to get noodles.  We had canned mushroom soup, green beans, and onions in the pantry.  I got the pots full of water on the burners and the noodles were dumped into the boiling water the minute they arrived, then strained then added to the mushroom soup, beans, and onions waiting in four pans ready for their trip to the oven.  The oops solution was a huge success and the four pans of food available for serving were much appreciated by our guests. We could have used five pans with the number of guests appearing today. We never know who is coming to dinner!  Disaster averted again!

                                                            Morning has broken.  


During most of the intense Covid months, all food was destined to be carried out meals.  Eating at church was not possible.  This week we once again invite folks to eat together in the Community Room with also the ability to carry one meal home if needed.  The change for today's folks was well received and I am thrilled that some are comfortable eating with us again.  Building community is needed for many reasons. 



The end result appears to be not an on-my-toes afternoon but a chair/nap afternoon knowing that all that could have gone wrong did not happen and once again, all that did happen was good.   God was near and that was clear!  And I was one busy lady with an on-my-toes morning, happy to be with our crew and the community folks. 

                        Butterflies love this flower but I'm still waiting for them to fly alongside.  

The temperature for the day was in my comfort zone and that is much appreciated.  The ground still holds a lot of water and that is a good thing for the plants and me.  I can almost hear a sigh of relief coming from many places in the garden.  Could it be my sighs I hear?


                                                So many flowers in every stage of blooming.  

I had time to start fluffing the garden yesterday and today the finishing fluff occurred noting that the plant stress coming with lots of heat and little rain is gone.  

Mendelson's Elijah...The waters gather they rush along..., they rush along...they rush along.  Thanks be to God.  He watereth the thirsty ground.             One of my favorite Mendelson works. It's hard to imagine doing without music!  Its appearance in my thinking surprises me often.

So another Saturday of living with the hope of making a positive difference in someone's life. Thanks be to God.

A little slow in posting.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday