Memories and more.

 The year I was born, our little country church had more than 7 babies added to the church family.  I often think of my childhood 1938 friends.  We were a force to be reconned with.  My birthday was the 13th.  Lavera's was the 14th.  Two more babies came in Aug.  Another one arrived on July 4th.  I can't remember all of the birthdays.   Babies were popping that year between the big wars.  We were all such good friends.  Memories! July does that to me every year.


                                                The second burst of bloom. Sweet Peas

This morning started with an appointment for both Doug and me at the hearing center.  We make it a point to go each year for a hearing recheck along with cleaning our aids.  Doug's hearing aids needed some adjustment to compensate for his hearing loss.  My hearing aids were just fine.  Our ears are staying healthy.  


                                        More Love in a Mist.  Such a cute little delicate thing. 

I needed to make a drug store run.  Those trips are always interesting knowing that the pharmacy counter is way to busy with a lack of people to staff the area.  I find watching how people deal with this wait problem to be very interesting.   It was a long wait and this time the gentleman behind me also was getting ready for a golf vacation in Michigan.  It's always interesting to find commonalities in strange places.  Watch out, Michigan an invasion is happening.   One learns a whole lot from fellow waiters.  

                        Love in a Mist seed pod bursting with little black seeds.                                                                                           There is a possibility of another plant growing this summer if the seeds are                                                                  sprinkled on the soil.  These are quick growers.  

I moved on to Target, then Marshalls, and finally Meijers looking for a simple plastic tablecloth that didn't cost an arm and a leg.  I found it at Meijers for 5.99 and when at the checkout counter was charged something around 3.00.  Now that's a deal.  It's a cute table cloth with a camping motive. I'll cover the table that holds the microwave and skillet with this new tablecloth.  The green table cloth we use 50 years ago is still good and talk about tradition.  Everyone expects to see it on the main table.  Me included.  Good old oilcloth.  



Neighbor Judy came over to visit bringing banana cake to celebrate both of our birthdays. Doug has a July 26 birthday. 

      Once again Black Eyed Susans are starting to bloom. There will be yellow eventually everywhere. 

Doug did some wash as he usually does.  Lucky me!  I washed a folding table and moved it to the garage.  Little by little all is being collected and will be packed in the Odessy tomorrow.  We'll leave sometime Sat. morning traveling as far as Sun Prairie, a cute little town just east of Madison, Wis.  The plan is coming together as Mr. T reminds us.  We'll arrive at Copper Harbor Sunday afternoon.  I will journal every day but will not post.  I need to move the computer to a y-fi area away from our campsite.  


I'm looking forward to seeing the Michigan Russells, camping beside who do an outstanding job setting up our tent and dining fly helping us to settle in for the two weeks.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday