Sunday

 



Beautiful Lake Superior and our favorite beach at Great Sand Bay.  The lake does interesting things when we are not around.  A few winters ago the sand was sucked away showing us all rocks along the water's edge.  This year the sand is back.  

SUNDAY    The morning started early for me.  I think I was the first one up.  I decided to do a bit of walking so over to the big lake I walked.  The sun was just coming up with an added lake breeze made the morning one filled with expectations. I caught some beautiful beautiful pictures with the sun shining through the trees.    The kids slept late so breakfast started around 9:30. More walks and a little reading took care of the rest of the morning minutes till noon.

One of those walks took me to the Fort Store where the first Christmas gifts for this year were purchased for the grandsons.  That’s always something I try to find while here.

While I was messing with my iPhone I realized that it was 11 am and time for church at North which is lived streamed.  While sitting on the picnic table where I could pick up the service I heard wonderful music and words from the ministers while enjoying the blue sky and gentle sun.  What a treat. 

A small lunch because breakfast was late and the two Russell cars went into town to check out the pottery shop.  The pottery shop deck was filled with chairs and visiting happened.  Then it was on to the old but new Agate shop in town.  It had been closed for quite some time but with renewed efforts and new owners, the store once again is filled with great rocks and some nice green stone and agate jewelry. 

We headed back to the campsite and another late afternoon of rain treated us.  I decided that a nap needed to be done so in-between paragraphs of the latest book I seemed to include a snooze.  The rain continued off and on and the decision was made to do an entry in word for the day.  I did that sitting in the tent with my warm jacket on plus one of Doug’s good warm jackets and my hat I found in the car.

 I’m toasty as can be listening to the rain on the roof while sitting in the tent posting my entry on the computer. 

The evening weather returned to something very nice to enjoy.  A Sunday evening tradition is having popcorn and Ice cream.  The popcorn didn’t happen but after visiting the grocery store and returning with two tubs of ice cream we manage to polish them off in grand style.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday