A whole lot going on!

 The day started with the usual.  I'm in a rut with nothing to push me out of it.  But it feels good like a favorite slipper.  So...I'll use my energy somewhere else.  After the usual morning routine, I started to fill the water bottles with flowers.  What fun and I just picked and choose with beautiful flowers added to the bottles of water which will fill tables this afternoon at neighbor Bill and Kathy's shindig!.  



                                          What returned to my mind was thematic teaching.                                                                                                              My favorite way to teach.  
Such a pretty clean white color for this Hosta.  The purple Hosta flowers don't have a chance with me. 

Then it was off to church to work at Bread and Bowl, a bit late but knowing that all the workers would be able to move right ahead without me.  And they did.  The place was a buzz with busy people.  We created 40 carry-out meals and also serve people who wanted to eat in the community room.  It was a busy morning but we had plenty of workers that made the morning enjoyable.  

Then back home for the afternoon.  I got my always-after Bread and Bowl nap in, and watched a little TV.  Took a meal to the Carmel Russells.  After their trip to Chicago last weekend they ALL developed Covid.  Eric and Andrew not so bad but still test positive.  Kat and Noah are running elevated temps and sleeping a lot.  

Putting together parts that will eventually be used to set up purification systems where needed. 

In the late afternoon we made our way to the Fountains of Hope celebration. The celebration numbered over 60 people.  Bill gave a report on the years work and then interested folks went to the garage where stations were set up allowing the assembling of parts to enable the making of safe drinking water.  Bill will take two 50 pound suitcases filled with these parts to places asking for the system.  Large tanks and other items are purchased within the country.  

 

                                                                Another workstation.


              This mother is one of the board members.  Pork Barbeque, Yum.  I always like a pitch-in.

There was a whole lot going on and a day that made a difference for many folks in many places.  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday