Out and About Day.

 With the exception of a few hours in the morning, I was out and about doing this and that. 

A healthy yellow native cup plant lining the deck at the Michigan Russell's house.  It's really healthy.

The day started around 3:15am.  I hate that.  I thought I had been awake for a couple of hours after that and it was only 30 minutes later.  I got up.  At the end of the day dragging time will arrive.  So the morning started early with wordle, The Star crossword puzzle, and coffee. I educated myself about the weather and read a little on Facebook.  I added a little of Joe and Meka but they had the day off and then eggs with tomatoes and sour cream and more coffee.  

                                More walk pictures around the lake at Carmel's Central Park.

I did some deadheading but not much.  Cut down the already dead horseradish leaves and put the tools away for the day. I made a couple of phone calls and also received one from my friend Renee.  Her dad Larry is very sick at Methodist Hospital and he asked to have me please visit.  We worked together for years at church.  I consider him an old friend although he is 6 months younger than me.  It's the knowing each other for a long time kind of old.  We're growing old together but haven't arrived yet.  Larry is having small strokes.  It's not a good thing.  Renee has asked for prayers for her dad. I would include RenShe will be making manydecisions in the coming days.


                                        Cardinal flowers grow wild along the lake.  

Since I had to be downtown at 12:15 I promised Renee that I would stop in to see him after my own doctor's appointment.  My news is good news so far and I'm expecting that to continue. Next appointment with Dr. Schneider...December.    Remembering the stroke suffered by my mother, Larry's visit was difficult.  We cried and laughed.  I read the words of our Sunday anthem to him.  Larry did the listening part of the conversation and I did the talking part of the conversation.  A few months ago while visiting with Larry during his knee replacement rehabbing days I shared so many pictures from the iPhone.  That happened again which brought lots of smiles.  The visit was short knowing that Larry's energy must be used to heal.  

Birds continue to visit the feeders.  Red Bellied is in the picture.  Also seen are hummingbirds, nut hatches, bluebirds, cardinals, and many sparrows to name a few. 

I drove toward home getting a bit lost but loving the new adventure of seeing other parts of Indianapolis new to me.  As I headed north I realized that I was two blocks away from my long depart friend Doris' home, a home with many memories attached.  I drove by and saw her neighbor Debbie snipping and cutting in her beautiful garden.  We shared current new items.  Her big one is a trip soon to Spain and Portugal.   

I also stopped at another church friend Waldine to share the Larry news but she was not at home.    Waldine along with Ann and Dave and Doug and I worked with Larry on the Sunday morning hospitality team of years ago. A phone call made that happen in the evening. 



Then it was heading north again to Aldie's and Krogers for a few things bringing me home just before supper but leaving enough time for a good snooze before that event.  3:30 am is not such a good idea around 5  in the afternoon.  

So it was an out-and-about day with a little of this and a little of that connecting with friends in so many ways.  

Dee, could you put Larry and Renee Sanner on the prayer list at the Monastery?  We all would appreciate that.  


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday