Sunday, Sunday

 Up early as usual.  I never was a sleeper although when small and the barn light went on shinning in our bedroom window at 6 am for my dad to do chores before catching the bus to go to work, I thought it was the middle of the night.  I concluded that they were crazy for thinking it was time to get up.  Humm...Most every morning I'm awake at 5:30 and ready for the day.  Funny how that works.  


So up early with my two eggs and sour cream.  I did some weed pulling in the front again.  It's the weed called violet living among vinca vine.  


                                Our dear associate minister Sunil Katian.  A great leader of our flock.  

Another great church event with a wonderful anthem to sing supported by a beautiful piano arrangement.  

Everlasting God  T.Fettke

Where can I go from your spirit?  Where can I flee from your presence?  To the heavens, on the wings of the dawn to the far side of the sea?  To the depths and into death itself? 

Even darkness is not darkness to you.  Everywhere I go you are there, filling all the earth and heav'n above.  Lord, you walk before and behind me, I'm surrounded by your steadfast love.  Everywhere I go you are there, your eternal presence goes before.  You are beauty, you are wisdom, you are majesty, you are power, you are everlasting God and I am yours!  

Alleluia! search me, O God and know my heart and see if there be any sin in me, know my thoughts and lead me in the way everlasting!    

A wonderful way to express my thoughts remembering the deep valleys of living not so long ago. Blessings have come in strange ways I could never have imagined.  

Before leaving church I had several conversations with folks about making the Gathering Center even more workable for folks. We'll keep working till it works.  The silent auction began this morning.  


This afternoon I really tried to make an effort to stay with weeding in one of the beds until I could say that bed would be in a good place.  And I did.  Woo.  A whole lot of hidden violets, pulse a few more "gifts" are no more.  

This is a Michigan Monarch being released  They have been excited to release about six Monarch.  So far I'm still waiting to find one.  I'm delighted they can have this experience. 

So another Sunday with a phone call visit to the Michigan Russells.  They once again are burning way too tall and stand near to power lines Cottonwoods recently felled.  
                                Two fires have continued through the night and through the rain.                                                      I would say there's the possibility of a huge weenie roast with s'mores galore.                        There is still more burning to come.   It helps to have 3 big sons taller than their father in the family.                               Toting those logs will build muscles faster than any gym exerciseing routine.  


 The Carmel Russell 4 sum have spent the weekend in Chicago with their good friends visiting from Calif.                                        

All seems to be right with the world.  Monday I have another appointment with the breast doctor, the agenda again is determining if all is well or are changes happening in a possible problem area.  So far all news is good news.  Pray that the word sung by our Morman brothers and sisters, all is well, all is well is also my song to sing today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday