Thursday

 Morning routine as usual but I'm in a slump with wordle.  Just not thinking quickly enough.  JB says I should spread the try over the day.  He's right again.  Funny how he's right a whole lot.  He has an impatient mother. Star crossword is doing fine.  A walk through the garden found this. flower combination. ..


I spent a little time with another big blue almost full today.  Move stuff being contributed to the project.  The weather has been perfect for the fall.  It's a winner in my book.  Doug thinks it's getting cold.  He asked to have the wool blanket put on the bed.  His blood condition makes him very sensitive to the cold.  I could deal with fewer blankets.  So I do. 


Well

Bring on the snow.  Well, not yet.  

Watch some TV with hurricane news.  It sure was a mighty storm for Florida and is moving on to the north country.  Water, water everywhere, and not a drop to drink!  Was that Shakspeare?  
Or who.?
I worked on an altar idea for Creation Care Sunday.  I think we will need four bundles of flowers.
I'm really going to try to make this work.  My hope is that the children can bring flowers to the altar that we can include in these arrangements.  The job today was to see how the flowers selected could go without water for an hour while on the altar.  Most past the test.  One flunked big time.  I'm not going to use it.  




Some animals included in the service is an Owl that has been injured and cannot fly but will sit on a perch during the service, a rabbit that also knows how to sit, a turtle and something else that I can't remember.  It should be a fun Sunday with a blessing of the animals in the afternoon.  The hope is to have the blessing of services dogs during the 11:00 service.  We'll see.  


Today I rehung the black sunflower seed feeder.  My goodness the birds didn't forget about that treat.  It took them about 3 minutes to realize black sunflower seeds were back.  Here is the Tufted Titmouse on one of the many return trips..

I made a quick trip to Meijers for distilled water for the CPap machine.  Three gal should keep me supplied for a while.  I hate it when I run out.  Always need it so why not stock up.  
My lifesavers.  Can't live without this machine.  Both Eric and Jared have machines and my brother-in-law also has one. Total exhaustion has disappeared even though the nights are a little short.  I'm sleeping well when I do sleep. That is the goal. 



Another great salad for supper and the evening was full of music, music, music.  Choir practice is what it's called.  .  

Three wren houses ready for picked up tomorrow for the Umoja silent auction in November.  
A great fundraiser for a school meal program feeding almost 4,000 children a noon lunch in western Kenya.  For some children, it's their only meal of the day.    Bid, Bid, Bid.  These little houses have sold for nearly 70 dollars each in previous years.  So I keep making them for a wonderful cause.  
  




Comments

  1. Samuel Taylor Coleridge - Rime of the Ancient Mariner. In the past we all had to read that at some point in high school. I think the ship is becalmed because they caught (or killed) an albatross. Something like that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday