Another no sense Saturday.

 As you might suspect the morning started, as usual, this time with 5 AM on the clock.  All the in-house stuff got finished in good time.  I made a morning walk and decided there were enough minutes to dig out zinnia roots.  There were more than I thought.  A few Black Eyed ladies got scrapped out of their comfort zone.  Gone for good.  

                        This tree is just down the street from us. It's a beautiful reminder that this fall                              season has been long with many no-coat days.   We've been promised another week of the same. 

Then it was off to the soup kitchen for a morning of work.  We had great help.  At one point my comment was there is so much to do to get ready for the 11 o'clock meal.  Just a lot of jobs.  We prepared  90 meals again and all was gone by 12.  A whole lot of new people enjoying a meal in a comfortable safe place.  They and we are grateful..  

Here is Sylvia packaging 36 bags of doughnuts for carry-out.  Rita is washing tables.  She worked on filling 54 plates with two doughnuts for those eating in the Community Room.  Bread goes with the meal of vegetables and a main dish prepared at the  Second Helpings Kitchen.  Desserts come from Krogers.  Work time started at 9 and we finished near 12:30.

 I had a little to eat when I got home, sat a bit, and then remembered that I needed the grocery.  Off to Aldi's again following around the sweetest little 3-year-old who sang her way through the store as her Mothers shopped.  I told her I make it my business to be around happy people.  This little 3 year old has super developed language skills.  

On the way home I filled that tank with 3:87 a gal gas!  Doug once again unloaded the car and helped to put the groceries on the shelf.  Later while walking the yard looking for picture ideas, he discovered we had a visitor in the pond.  

This poor little toad had fallen in and was peddling for all he could manage.  We rescued him and called our neighbor Eva who popped right over and took him home.  She had found and lost him a few weeks ago.  Handsome toad but still not kissable.  Or was that a frog? 

On the morning walk, I decided the Creeping Charlie that was growing under the arbor needed my hand. The space is ready for spring and the Cup Plant to emerge and share it's space with the Mexican Sunflowers again.  It's clean and ready after beating through the concrete that the ground has become during this dry spell.  Woo..Soup Kitchen is enough for one day.  I just doubled my effort today so I'm doubly beat. I have no good sense!  I'll admit it. 

                              The daylilies need to be trimmed off although right now they are deer food.

I watched a little college football.  I U lost.  I don't know about the other Big Ten schools of which there are now at least 14 in the Big TEN.  Crazy.  

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday