First day of the week.

This morning's surprise blessing was the early morning sun lighting the tree at the end of the yard.  It was stunning.  Just one of many dramatic pictures seen almost every morning during walks through the garden. 

No crossword for today and a successful Wordle happened in the afternoon.  My job for the morning was to make Apple Dumplings for Sarah Ellen with the apples she brought to B and B.  It would appear that the Saturday folks like red apples instead of green Granny Smiths.  But instead of two dumplings, I made four.  Two for you know who.  Then it was off to church for the 11 o'clock service. The handbells played so that meant that Noah and Andrew were at church early for the first service as well as the second playing with the bells.  It's a pleasure to be their grandma.  Their grandparents and mother are retired handbell players. The tradition continues.


Noah with high bells                        Andrew with lower bells.                                                            A music stand is blocking                                                                 Andrew's face.    


Back home at the ranch still dragging.  Springing back after a day of crazy work is getting harder and harder the older I get.  It confining.  I managed to gather up another couple of loads of garden garbage adding to the third big blue. I dug more zinnia roots, cut down the rest of the Asters and Autumn Joy, and a few other things were added to the big blue.


Judy and her gardener friend stopped over for a couple of minutes, I visited across the street where huge pumpkins were being carved. The neighbors delivered what looks like yummy soup and much-needed pine needles for the new paths that are in process.  Pine needles,  my Georgia touch in the garden. 

Football filled in the other down times during my recuperation efforts.  I liken it to a Tesla in the garage getting battery power-infused,  When  I'm sitting in my chair I'm hoping for the same. I continued harvesting Mexican Sunflower seeds and Calendula seeds.  I hope they are viable.  Time will tell.

The evening was filled with football.  I don't think I ever saw a team play as fast as Miami.  It was impressive. Kansas played a great game as well.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thursday

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Saturday.