Thursday all day!

 The morning started a little slow with a what's going to happen today question.  So I watched TV for a while and noticed on my bird watch that there had been a white frost in places.  It's the first one that I've noticed this fall on our hill.  Humm...closer to cold weather.  

                                        A nip in the air.  Eat up birds.  Calories are needed.

Every fall I make sure that the windows are locked down for the winter.  It makes their seal the best and today was the day for that to happen upstairs.  It's happened already in the living room. I usually wash windows before locking down.   I decided not to wash but when the truth was seen, I washed windows and locked them down.  Another fall job is finished upstairs.  


                        A little extra cleaning happened and that never hurts.  I hate those spiders.  

I messed with the bird feeders gathering all of them together just outside the kitchen sink window.  It's easier to notice all of the birds and easier to keep the feeders supplied with food.    They are fun to watch the birds when feeders are moved, and their needing to make corrections mid-air to ensure they land where they want to happen.


It's another beautiful day with the mowers here taking care of the leaves as well as the grass.  It feels like the leaf business will be a short season of gathering with everything dropping in a week or so. 

Another great cleanup by a great father-son crew.  The hill is ready for sledding.  Well, not quite. 


                                The oak leaves hang on forever and are so pretty this time of year.                                                                                  It's amazing what is under the green color.

And now a story...The Critter Mystery.  We have hot water baseboard heat. The dining room is the site of a puzzler.  Some little critter likes to eat there at night, He's been doing it for a couple of years. A couple of weeks ago I took the register apart and discovered holes bigger than needed for the hot water pipes.  I stuffed the holes with steel wool.  Today I discovered that the critter is back.  So the register was dismantled again.  More stuffing and my hope is that our mystery guest eats elsewhere.  Cleaning up after Doug...I can do.  He never leaves anything.  Critter...not anymore.  

                        Who does this? I even set the Have a Heart trap.  No success! 

Choir practice night.  A great session with lots of work including a whole bunch of laughs.  Another rehearsal Sat. morning getting ready for Sunday and our annual finance drive.  It will be stunning. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday