Getting Ready Tuesday.

 This morning I headed south again to church to work with Heidi on preparing areas for Advent decorating.  The youth group did a wonderful job of carrying things from the attic to the first floor Sunday afternoon.  

                            A gift from my monastery friends now hanging in the chapel at North. 

Today our job was to help the decorating process along by moving what was retrieved from the attic to the area where needed.  A long morning of work but one that will help a whole lot on Sunday when.   each designated area has a leader that will direct the process.  My hope is that no more than 45 minutes are needed to complete all of the jobs.  Many hands make light the work.  


Cranberry sauce with turkey is one of the family favorites hidden in the freezer.

On the way home I stopped at three groceries to get Thanksgiving day as well as other Georgia food. We'll hit the Conyers grocery Wed. afternoon to finish the food purchase. Chili was made this afternoon and more things will be cooked, baked and gathered together tomorrow.   I was a little concerned about the turkey but today I found a 20 pound butter ball at Aldi's.  Moving on the the second Krogar the turkey was half the price of Aldi's but not Butterball.  Does it matter?.  As usual the pies will all happen there.  

                  A big pot of chili ready for the freezer. A little work here means a little less there.

Tonight I'm going to the Lydia Circle one reason being to invite folks to work Sunday decorating.  The number has been small and we certainly would use more folks.  Fingers crossed.  

Sweet rolls and cookies coming on Wednesday along with sloppy joes..  Yeah  All food for Georgia next week. I'm figuring out how to feed the crew with good food but less money.  I'm up to the challenge.  9 folks for 3 days plus a few extra meals.  It's possible to do.

Dee we're leaving Tuesday, arriving at the monastery Wed with any luck a little after noon.  

Comments

  1. Sounds familiar! I am looking forward to the benefits of all you work ahead of time! I had better brush up on my card-playing skills, hadn't I?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Monday

Tuesday

Saturday