Saturday
The day began as usual. Early rising, crossword, wordle, birds fed, ice broken out of the bird bath, breakfast, t v news, as usual. Same old same old as son Jared always says. I left the house at 8:40 for Bread and Bowl, soup kitchen work. It's really not soup anymore. The bread still continues. A delicious macaroni with tomatoes, squash, meat, carrots, cheese, and more was the main dish.
Dear Rita, volunteering to do the dishes every week.
It was the first morning of snow which is always a bit exciting even though I've seen many of those first snows. Window-watching the snow fall always happens until I'm tired of standing. The first snow can be wimpy. This first one did not disappoint in any way. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
I stopped and took this picture out of the car's window on the way to church. Such a pretty evergreen with a heavy dusting..The cooking crew was happy to see each other with a whole lot of talking, laughing, and just getting caught up on all the news. We made the 11:00 deadline with all ready to serve but the crowd was small. I would imagine that the shock of a different sort of temperature had something to do with the fewer numbers. Tuesday's group was small, Thursday was huge and today I would say small. We never know who is coming to dinner. Was that a movie?
A big bin of bread left over at the end of the morning was another donation from Kroger..In the afternoon the sewing projects were on my mind so a trip to JoAnns with my coupon allowed snowman and mitten fabric to cover the backs of the Lois,Sunil placemats. I have everything now to finish the project. Christmas on one side and winter on the other.
Opposite the Christmas side, the placemats will be celebrating snowmen and winter. Something very new for the teenage children of Sunil and Lois.Sarah Ellen has asked for the Clause costumes and I now have the pattern. The suggested amount of fabric is 8 yards for Mr. and Mrs. Clause. The reindeer have been alerted about another trip but there is still much to do to get the driver and his wife ready.
A little different day compared to yesterday. I'll take it. After a conversation with Dr. James, we should hear for sure Monday the next steps, if they are needed for Doug. We've been there and done that for him more than once. I'm ready for the diagnosis. Bring it on!
Comments
Post a Comment