Saturday.

 Sort of a ho hum morning until I got busy.  

Busy meant starting the Sarah Ellen project.  It's a big one meaning Santa Clause is coming to Kenya.  But there will be no new clothes until next year.  It seems that the current set has been lost and there is no sleigh heading that way before Christmas..  So I have a little time to get it all together.  It's going to take a lot of time come to think of it.

                                                    It took a while to find all the pieces

Today the starting point was preparing the pattern.  Extra small is the size although I would say this pattern is not very extra small.  I guess even a small Santa is big.  I needed to find the pieces for the Santa Suit and boot covers and Mrs. Clause's dress and apron and hat.  That happened.  I looked through the fabric I had and found enough white muslin to work on the apron.  It's finished taking all afternoon.  Mrs. Clause's dress is a little boring so this apron will help a lot.  

                I need to make a stop at Joann's again for red fabric but I think it probably will be after Thanksgiving.  There are just a few other things happening needing attention. 

I finished the job of freshening the candles we used at the All Saints Sunday service.  The candles are lit for only a short time and I hate throwing out perfectly good beeswax candles.  So I cut the burned part off and did some refreshing with the hope of some use for them by someone.  

The candles in the bag are shorter.  It seems I'm doing stuff with wax more than I realize.

Watched a little college ball.  I U beat the Spartans in double overtime.  Jacob R. hopes to be a Spartan next year although he has been accepted at Central Michigan.  From the time he arrived 16 years ago until now seems like the blink of an eye.  He plans to major in music with a high school band position in mind.  His latest achievement has been accepted into the All State Michigan Band.  2500 Michigan kids applied and 400 were accepted.  Jacob is the first band member chosen for this honor from his school.
Jacob is a member of this community orchestra which awarded him a scholarship providing private lessons and additional funds to purchase a better clarinet. He also plays with an outside clarinet ensemble plus his high school music groups. . 

Comments

  1. Harry Mamlin could have have a long talk with were he still with us. . . His son still could talk about school music. . . One thing I do know is that school music instructors seem to be universally loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Clause:s apron is to be envied by all. Great Job, Lela. Mexico is blue skies, sunny all day long and not many clouds. Luckily for me and the weather at home, I choose a good time to be here. It's more 😊 difficult assembling a Thanksgiving feast here. No pumpkins!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday