Sunday

 Today is the go home day leavin a beautiful place to visit and make memories.  And memories abound a plenty.  Jared and family started out at 5 am and we chose to stay until dawn broke.  Driving through Atlanta with a light on is what we like to do.  The sun was shinning showing off the fact that fall still has allowed leaves to stay on the trees in that part of the country.

                                    On the drive immediately after we left the monastery.


Downtown Atlanta has so many good-looking buildings with interesting tops.  I tried to take some pictures but just wasn't very successful.  

We chose to go home the eastern route which makes such good sense since all of the cities on our trip today have by-passes.  And we drove in the garage at  6:30.  We had some rain and one big traffic slow down north of Knoxville Tn. I was a little spooked about driving on Thanksgiving Sunday.  We usually take that trip on Monday.  It just wasn't a bad experience today.  

The car was unpacked and all put away and at 7:30 this is what I was doing. 

                                                        It's football night in America!

Thanksgiving makes me think of gratitude for many things.  Growing up it was our tradition to invite someone for the meal.  I have a vivid memory of a family that immigrated to the US after the second war having lost all that they had as farmers.  We also attended church on Thanksgiving morning with my mind often on the turkey in the oven.  For this Thanksgiving, I am grateful for my family.  And gratitude for good health that will allow family members to meet in Georgia coming from Dallas, Michigan and Carmel.  And with thanksgiving for safe travel once again.   

And soon on to December.  There is a whole peck of doctor's visits coming up this month. We'll be checking this and that.   It should be interesting and the best part will be when the Doug/Lela family gathers a couple of days the last week of the month.  

Comments

  1. Whew! I am glad you are home - and it seems as if you made really good time. I am not laughing as much today as I did last week. I guess life is back to normal. Memories will make me laugh! I'll just have to be quiet about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday