Friday.
All the morning to-do things got done with a wordle finished in three tries. I beat everyone else in the family who does wordle! A great way to start the day. My first try gave me 3 letters in the right place. Woo...lucky me for sure. That was a first for me!
All the previous cookie baking exhausted the sugar, flour, butter, vanilla, soda, chocolate chips, and eggs. Woo..the cupboard was bare. It was an early morning trip to Krogers. My checkout lady's eyes went big when I mentioned what molasses would bring. After they were baked I took her a plate which I think made her day. She is so patient with all of us fixing our machines when they won't check out! She makes grocery shopping a joy with her helpful attitude. Love her.
Yes...Gingersnaps. At least half of them have disappeared. Doug's story today was that G. Snaps are vegetables and that makes them good to eat whenever the mood hits. That was the first time I heard that story. Sounds like something an eight-year-old would say. This mother didn't fall for it. The last dz. went in the freezer. I will say there are not too many things better tasting than a warm gingersnap and a cold mug of milk and a house full of good spicy smells!
These little guys were dipped in sugar and then sprayed with water giving them the cracks that make snaps.I went on to another batch of chocolate chips. One of my least favorite cookies. No temptation for a snack from that cookie. There are enough C C lovers in the family that will take care of making them disappear.
In between all of this baking I finished up on the votives using all the "good" wax that was leftover from other wax candle makings. The basket is full and will head back to church on Sunday along with washed T towels from the Gathering Center, and the 4 108-inch white tablecloths. It seems that I'm always dragging stuff home to fix or returning back to the church something that has been corrected. Maybe if dirty T towels didn't bug me things might be different.
The rest of the afternoon was pretty slow. I seemed to have shot my wad of energy earlier in the day. It didn't hurt that a good sleep happened which caused a revival of energy for supper making. There were a few snow flurries in the afternoon but just a few meaning there weren't enough to do a stick. The birds seem to be hiding in the barn. Could the squirrel have moved?
I thought I would add to this post a picture of my dear Christmas Cactus. Maybe I should leave out the word dear. Not a flower anywhere is going to make the Christmas season deadline. It's just sitting there all nice and green. Hey buddy. Where's the red to include with the green. I suspect that you have a failing grade for Christmas 2022. Have you changed to an Easter Cactus without telling me? Maybe the red left because I didn't fertilize this plant all summer as my friend Kathy does. She gifted me with this plant a couple of summers ago. How nice. I could be called a terrible stepmother if plants could talk.
Comments
Post a Comment