It's another Come on Saturday.

 Yes.  come on Christmas Eve.  It's church time with candles.  Waiting for tonight is just something I'm not good at.  So the morning paper came and the crossword was EASY.  Wordle was finished by 5:30 AM.  So what have I done since then?  Watch and feed the hoard of birds just outside the kitchen window.  I think my favorites are the Juncos that visit.  They are ground feeders so there is never any competition for their space.  They just hang around.  Today there were four Juncos visiting.  The starlings knock each other to the ground getting to the food. So rude.  So rude.  Other things accomplished.  Humm...I ate a lot of cookies come to think of it.  And Neighbor Susie got a plate of roles and two neighbors brought more goodies to the door.  It's a food day for birds and people!  

I did some dusting, Gave the succulents a little water, and moved a new tiny one to where there was space.  My succulent library books are keeping me entertained.  Of course, the pictures are from southern California where the best growing environment happens.  They are beautiful with so many colors and so many shapes, some huge and some small.  

This Aloe is about 6 years old now.  Two big parts are gone.  They tipped the pot over so had to be eliminated. What's left continues to grow regardless of care.  A few summers ago it went for three months without water.  I was done with it.  Gone, Kaputt in my mind.  It lived through all the neglect so I've invited it back into my life.  Such a softy!  

In the afternoon I made breakfast rolls for tomorrow morning and some for the freezer and some for the neighbors. ..  That's been a long-standing tradition, homemade sweet rolls on Christmas morning.  We'll pretend there are two Christmas mornings this year when the kids get here.  

In most cases, you would see a picture of breakfast rolls.  Not today.  It's a tribute to my Hamilton Beach Mixer, a wedding gift from Doug's mother and dad. a little more than 55 years ago.  My mother also had a Hamilton Beach mixer that never wore out making 5 loaves of bread each week along with cakes and cookies and mashed potatoes almost all the years the family was functioning.  So thank you, Hamilton.  You don't have a hook but beaters can be an inconvenience but have produced cakes, cookies, bread, mashed potatoes, and more.  The beat goes on.  Or should I say beaters?

The afternoon continued with bird watching and water thawing.  We headed to church at 6:30 ready to strip the sanctuary of that service.  Then complete the setup, for the 10:30 service.  Eric called to say the church is COLD using capital letters.  He's at the 5 o'clock service.  I dug out another sweater.  

We are still experiencing extreme cold that keeps me busy thawing water in the bird bath.  The starlings are appreciating that more than other birds.  I would say they are very impolite and pushy birds compared to the rest of the visitors.  They are not reaching deep within themselves to demonstrate the Christmas Spirit.  Bad birds.  

A Church Report.  A breakdown in the heading system meant that we attended the 7:30 service changed out the visuals for the 11:00 service and went home.  Doug wrapped up in his huge Copper Harbor Michigan-purchased coat was more than uncomfortable.  Christmas morning temperatures + 5  Wind Chill -15.  A big BRRRRR!

Comments

  1. at 10 am it is 26 degrees, feels like 16. This monastery was built without heat in the refectory. That is fine most of the time most years. This year it is brutal. I spend a lot of time in my nice warm cell with a nice warm blanket.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday