Mammagram Thursday.

 Last night was a very short night.  Three hours short.  I don't think I'm stressed but Mr. Sandman certainly must be on a vacation in the Bahamas.  He's not around here for sure.  Maybe tonight will be different.  I'll continue my job of just keeping on keeping on.  

I left home at 9 and stopped in at church with pink poinsettias for Mary Sunday.  If they were bigger I would be happier..  A little on the puny side but they are pink!!! There are so many other things to distract from puny pinks in the chancel area.  I'll risk it this year.

                     Only the white poinsettias are left on the table.  The message?   After Sunday... .                      Christmas Eve is next on the church calendar year.  It reminds me of what an Advent calendar says. 

I attended morning prayers and then off to University Hospital.  Thank goodness I made the call this morning getting me into the right parking lot close to the women's health center.  The wrong lot makes the walk about 30 miles.  Well, not quite but it certainly feels that way.

The mammogram happened and then a visit with the mammogram doctor who said all looked right.  I asked if that was the case with the lump.  What lump!  A lump!  It seems that part of the message fell short of the receiver. It happens. He checked that out and ordered an ultrasound.  He seemed pretty positive about both processes. The results will move on to Dr. Schneider and we'll discuss all of that Monday.  Today was a good day. I'm anticipating more of them in the coming year.  

I headed home making phone calls to the family and my friend Kathy with the car phone  I did a little Christmas wind-up shopping, tieing up a couple of loose ends.  I would say the shopping is all but finished.  Well, I started in the summer while on vacation come to think of it. Everyone is at the gift card stage with just a few exceptions that being socks!   Easy, easy. Stuffing everything I can into the stockings hanging at the windows eliminates some wrapping.  I am a lazy mom/grandma.


Late this afternoon I worked again on votive candles.  There should have enough for a couple of years.  




The tablecloths we are using on Christmas eve were unpacked and horribly wrinkled.  They are in the dryer now with a wet towel getting unwrinkled.  Yeah.  Doug helped me fold them not knowing they were round.  He was desperately looking for corners.  Funny guy.  The first cloth folded was a disaster but by the second one we have a plan to make it work.  There are a total of four tablecloths.  

So the day is almost over.  My childhood family were churchgoers with Sunday night and Thursday night an added must to Sunday morning.  There was always one outdoor Sunday night service. Part of that service always included a beautiful red/orange sunset.  We sang the song Day is dying in the west, heaven is touching earth with rest.  I'm thinking the rest part right now.  Time for sleep.

Comments

  1. May many more days bring such news - and such successful candle-making and tablecloth-folding! The little successes help make the day brighter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday

Monday

Monday