It's a day to stay busy and by lunchtime that was the case. All the morning stuff was completed although I cheated on wordle. I just didn't want to think so I got some help.
This was the morning to make votive candles that light up the church's Advent Candles. I had seven glass votives to use as molds and I went through the process 4 times so now there are 28 votives to use. It never hurts to have a whole lot ready to burn.
Another morning to make cookies. The inventory was absent. The winner this morning was a cookie I made when I was a teenage baker, Thumbprints. B. sugar, BUTTER, two egg yokes, and flour.. Simple and so good. So with a mixer in hand that was the next thing on the morning agenda. Wooo! I've forgotten how good these cookies are. I asked Doug to make an effort not to make them his lunch today. A few cookies, OK. Leave some for the neighbors, please! The butter is the kicker for this cookie. Two sticks! I might give up on oatmeal after I do one more try. Time is running out for OATS!

s
I have a yen to make shepherd's pie. There is only one problem. The pans I have are way too big with a sure guarantee that there will be a lot of leftovers. We don't do leftovers very well. Solution!!!!! smaller pie pans. A lightbulb moment...call Kimmy. She can make us individual pans in her pottery shop. I called and she will. I'm excited to see what she comes up with. They will be so pretty. I told her the pan needed to be between 5 and 6 inches across and 2 inches deep with a flat bottom. Yes, one for me and one for Doug. I think I forgot to say that. If those are too big I'll just fill one for both of us.!
This is the pan I used last time there was a pot pie. Six servings for two people. A little much! The one in the picture is smaller than a regular pie pan, still too big, and will work in a pinch. It's a Jared creation that makes me proud.
This morning my little tormentor kept me busy. No matter what I did he was back until I brought all the sunflower seed holders into the house. Really cold weather keeps them at bay but not so today. Fat and sassy is what I'm thinking right now.
A trip to the library happened in the afternoon.. I needed a fresh supply of succulent books. There must be hundreds of those plants coming in all sizes. I love historical southern stories and I just might try rereading some. I think that sounds boring but I've never tried that so maybe I need to "step in". to something new.
I brought home what felt like a ton of books. One of the preps for the head surgery included some dietary things that came in a little I U bag with wheels. It's my library book carrier now. Making a silk purse out of a sow's ear, so they say! It's one of the good leftovers.
So the day is coming to a close. Tomorrow right now feels a little daunting. I know that when the doing is in front of me needing to be tackled, I know I'll be fine. It's just a bit like racehorses approaching the gate. A little skittish but when the gate drops, I'll be off anticipating the home stretch to the winner's circle. Remembering that I'm covered with prayer isn't a bad thing to keep in mind.
We heard tonight and I'm asking for prayers for safety as Eric travels to his job in the city. While changing buses this morning in Broad Ripple, he was attacked by a man who was intent on taking his backpack. Eric has some head wounds but no concussion. The man was caught.
We are definitely praying for Eric and his safety and protection. How awful that anyone would do that. Thankful Eriic is ok and thankful the man was caught!
ReplyDeletePraying for ALL Russells. . .
ReplyDelete