Rainy Friday.

 Another dark gloomy morning.  I should change the word morning to day.  I'm feeling pretty positive so gloom isn't phasing me at all.  Gloomy is predicted to be around tomorrow.

As I was looking over the kitchen, it was obvious that the bananas were asking for something.  Would it be banana bread?  Yup!  I got out the cookbooks and saw nothing interesting.  In fact, some of the banana bread recipes I made in the past were on the failing side of the spectrum.  So to the internet, I went and found a recipe that used 2 and 1/3 cups of bananas.  That was worth a try.  And I did and it was a winner.  It's stored away in the freezer now ready to add to the stash that will be eaten next weekend.  

        These four little muffin top banana breads are the result of way too much batter for the loaf                                     pan. They are a nice thing to nibble on without cutting into the loaf.  


Another batch of molasses cookies came out of the oven later in the afternoon.  It's my favorite with a glass of milk. Chocolate Chips are Doug's favorite.  C C's are easy to make but I'm happy to let him have all of them.

I wrote about the Hamilton Beach Mixer that's been with us for 55 years.  Four of the five rubber pads that the mixer sits on have dried out and fallen off.  Today I figured out how to remedy that problem with felt pads used on the bottoms of our chairs.  Woo...Unscrewed the screws that no longer held the rubber pads and screwed on the pads.  Made me proud that the brain found a solution.  The mixer is ready for another 50 years!  Those bare screws were tearing up the new contact paper.  Bad screws!  


                                            One more to go but I'll keep the old one until it falls off. 

I did more wrapping for Christmas and I think that's completed.  The squirrel is back again filching seeds that I put out yesterday.  The seeds were dumped and eating from the ground has started in earnest.  For some reason, the birds are not around as much as in some years. They probably left for Florida when it was so cold.  


It was fun to see Dee's comments yesterday.  My current solution for an ellipse...three round buttons.  I think that will work.  I could try cutting 3 round slices from a tree branch.  Buttons seem easier. 

The grandsons could care less about the blog.  Most of the time the family grown-ups do the same.  If they are reading they better not spread the word.  Coal for their stocking if they blab!!!! I mean it!  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday