Saturday
Another great morning at church working with friends providing once again lunch for the community folks. There were a lot of jobs that need to be completed before our friends came at 11 o'clock and we again made the deadline and were ready to welcome those who walked through the door.
A tray full of apple and pumpkin pie. The preferred pie is sweet potato pie which almost brings a stampede of folks to the window. It's a rare offering. These desserts are donated by Kroger.
Our guests are always grateful for whatever the menu has to offer be it something familiar or unfamiliar. I so enjoy welcoming whoever chooses to visit for the lunch hour.
Today we decorated the Community Room with items donated to the church by Larry Sanner who was a long-time friend willing to give his all to the work of the church. His lovely contributions remind us of a kind and gentle heart.
I was on my way home again by 12:30. Another morning of making a difference for someone.
On the way home I stopped with the Broad Ripple potter Karen a dear friend, a member of a religious catholic community. spending a few minutes with her this time sharing new health concerns. Karen has prayed me through many times. Yes, there are new concerns. Soon after my long journey back to health a couple of years ago had ended it was determined that there was some suspicious pre-cancerous breast tissue evident. My discovery of a small lump has become obvious that some changes are occurring.
Next week on the 13th I will have a CT scan ordered by Dr. Moore, the surgeon who operated on my head. I call it an insurance check. This scan was ordered months ago before we knew the current facts. A diagnostic mammogram follows Thursday, the 15th to gather more information orders from Dr. Schneider the breast cancer doctor. On that day we should also be getting information on how to correct problems relating to grandson Adams's difficulty in healing from a soccer concussion suffered in September. Another character-building chapter is being written for both Adam and his Grandmother.
My hope is to complete this next chapter with dignity and energy. I'll keep you posted. Earlier I said that December held many doctor visits all related to past health issues. Now with new unexpected challenges this month, I will include you, my village of supporters in this new chapter.. Once again I'd like my name added to any prayer lists you may know of. Once again I often feel surrounded with love and support for the days ahead. But now and then there is a lonesome valley walk. One day at a time sweet Jesus.
And now to Purdue basketball, Soccer, and perhaps a new cookie recipe.
A picture of Lupine.In the mail today sent to me from another Michigan camping friend Judy was a small envelope of Lupine seeds included with her Christmas card.. The planting instructions said the seeds needed to go in the ground immediately to experience the cold temperatures needed for growth. They would grow the first summer and bloom the second summer. The first part has been completed. They need cold temperatures to produce beautiful flowers. So it seems with life. The experiences now may be uncomfortably cold to hear, feel and bear but eventually, there will be flowers only having experienced the uncomfortable. I will walk through where this journey leads to follow again the reason for being.
Great is thy faithfulness, morning by morning new mercies I see.
You are joyful and master problem solver. . . You now have another problem to work on. I'm counting on your emerging victorious. . .
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you and will put you on our church prayer list. Big hugs and love sent your way! Great is His faithfulness is right!
ReplyDelete