Thursday.

 This morning came with a need for more perseverance.    Meaning patience was in short supply.  I gave up again on the crossword thinking I could use my time more wisely.  Stupid words!!!   All the other stuff got done with a minimum amount of time.  

I made a trip to church with the poinsettias well ice cubed for the days ahead.  All the other loose ends were tied up with a bow!  That's a great feeling.  The dining room table is bare so Santa will be here soon or something like that if the storm doesn't bury him.  


Santa Russell said his shopping was finished.  His sleigh ride was a short one making it easy to figure out the destination.   I'll be all set this spring again!  Yeah.  He knows what makes me tick! DIRT!


I picked up the pictures for the kids at Walgreens on the way home from church.  One more thing finished although the deadline for Christmas shopping right now could be the middle of January.  A date for family and gifting has yet to be determined.  We'll see!  

Tonight's supper has been redone now three times.  How's that for recycling.  

First, it was not such an interesting soup.  Second, it was a more interesting soup with some extra things added but tonight it's the third attempt at something more interesting than the second attempt. at more interesting soup. 

I decided that it was time for a Shepherd's Pie supper.  So the veg. soup had a rue added for thickening that was spiced with better than bullion garlic and a little packet of chicken soup flavoring left over from Ramen Noodle Soup.  I added mashed potatoes on top of the pastry now filled with the third round of trying to get it right.  My sneak at a first taste demonstrated that this time around was even better that the second attempt.   


I just filled some cereal bowls that came from the Dennis kiln to hold the Shepherd's Pie. I think it worked in a pinch.  I've ordered real Shepherd Pie containers from the Michigan Santa family.


Friday morning sees just a little snow with temperatures at minus 10.  Brrrr Wind chill as much as minus 40.  That's a huge brrrrrrrrrrr.  Michigan family 5 inches of snow with wind a howling.  It's a scene out of Little House on the Prairie. 





Comments

  1. At 4 am it was 40 degrees, at 7 am it was 20 degrees. Now the sun is out - but temperatures are due to keep falling. No snow is predicted - sad news for our Nigerian Br. Justin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday