Tuesday.

 Today was one of those days that...I'll let you finish the sentence.  It started the same way but then changed to a different route. 

            My good old Loon clock that sings a Loon tune on the hour.  It's my U P Michigan token.

 
The clock was in charge and needed to get me to where I was supposed to be on time all day long.    The first assignment was an 8:50 at I U North for a CT Scan.  Made it and finding the vein for the dye went well.  Done.  The next one came at 10 at I U North and I decided that the trip home wasn't worth it so there were a few minutes to burn and many places to choose from,  I burned those minutes receuving a phone call from my Novi Michigan friend Marcha.  Lots of words flew over the wire...Nope, no wires so I'll leave it to you all to figure that one out.  I heard about her son-in-law Jeff who currently is hospitalized. He's not a happy camper.  Could be something about being in the hospital.  Ten o'clock came and I saw Dr. Moore and all is well according to the CT scan.  Great News! 

        A Cleome. Some are white, some pink, some purple and white, and some red!  Mine are purple.

After the Moore appointment, it was back home again on Hillsdale Dr. for lunch and a trip with Doug to church to water plants put candles away, and get the sanctuary ready for Mary Sunday.  A new banner, My soul doth magnify the Lord. with a statue of pregnant Mary in place.  The Advent candles got new votives.  Doug turned his music in.  We're both taking some time off from choir trying to stay healthy and free of the big three that's moving through the community. I wish I could say all of our choir friends are vaccinated but I can't.  We only have the ability to control where we are and what we do.  Since staying healthy is a priority we're doing what is possible for us. to control.  And I do need a simpler life.

        This was one puny Christmas Cactus bloom last year.  This year there isn't even ONE!  I call that                                                                              REALLY PUNY.
               
                There's something called a Thanksgiving Cactus, Christmas Cactus and Easter Cactus.                                  I might have the one and only Mother's Day Cactus.  It remains to be seen.  

It was back home again with Doug exiting the car and me off to Zionsville to see the dentist arriving without a minute to spare at 1:59 and a half.  It was teeth cleaning with a good report of nothing minor or major needing fixing.  That's what I like. We're watching one for a root channel that has seen some change when radiation was not gentle.  So far, so good.  I'll take that! I still have a tooth sensitive to cold after a root channel almost a years ago.  Grr.  I just don't eat on that side of my mouth. 

                                Oh, to have a vine-ripened tomato in the middle of the winter. 


On the way home I treated myself to a couple of Goodwills.  My place of comfort looking through stuff filling my mind with something new.  I am looking for some interesting containers for succulents.  Must be interesting.  I found a small picture frame I can use for a picture Kimmy wants and a dish that's perfect to use for the patin holding the bread for communion.  PERFECT!  

I was going to stop at Altums Garden Shop but found that they are no more. Not even a building left. I must have slept! I moved on to  Habigs and bought 3 really tiny succulents.  So cute but for their size?...Money, money.  

         A beautiful holly bush at the monastery.  Those leaves really do prick hard enough to draw blood.


Home for supper, an easy salad with tuna, potato sticks and carrots with a little mayo. . There is one tired body including a sore clean mouth at this house and it's not Doug.  Lots of going here and there and then add the thinking part.  Tomorrow should be a piece of cake.  Maybe I'll bake one! 

Eric is doing well.  Thanks be to God. 

                                                The last year's picture.  Still beautiful. 


Why all the flower pictures...I'm sparing you all the doctor things that were in my face today.  I told Doug today I'm so ready for spring, meaning really something better to look at then the brown dead looking outdoors. It's going to be a long winter. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday

Monday

Saturday