Tuesday.

 A more usual morning with all the early morning jobs finished successfully.  Crossword finished in good time and the wordle was completed on the last try.  Some days are like that even in Australia.  Today I'm grateful for the simple things at the start of the day. 

I left home around 9 to meet Heidi at church for the first of many clean-ups that come with the season.  We spent a little time talking about what should happen and what I was seeing in the chancel area for the next two Sundays. And we got to work putting away candles, stripping, tablecloths, moving what needed to be moved, and stashing what needed to be stashed until next year's celebration. 

                                         Nearing the end of Christmas Tide. It's Communion Sunday.                                                                         The Baptism of our Lord is celebrated next Sunday.

While in the choir loft I took just one good impressive fall my feet being snared on a music stand that had hidden on the floor Christmas Eve. The stand was black as well as the floor also black and of course, my hands were full of tablecloths trusting that all was safe in front of me.  I have a knee that is really complaining, to say the least also having done a bit of seeping. It was a banger for sure. and should be the last fall of the year with any luck.  That knee will receive a lot of Tender Loving Care in the days ahead leading I'm sure to good health. .  

The work was pretty well finished by 12 and we let ourselves out heading to our homes.  I appreciate so much Heidi's help, knowledge, and interest in the Visual Arts at North.  In two weeks we will celebrate the Baptism of our Lord. Our conversations centered around that celebration and Heidi having some new visual ideas.


                        Onions, carrots, celery and split peas with a Christmas Ham bone.  Yum, yum. 


As usual, the afternoon started with a good snooze and an ice bag.  The on to the kitchen to put together another good pot of split pea soup.  This pot is an extra good one with an added Christmas ham bone.  My chili-sharing neighbor will have split pea soup for supper.  I'm trusting they will take the challenge if it is something new for them.  

The evening was pretty simple making it a good uncomplicated ending to another busy day. I would say there were bookends today with a simple morning and evening. Life is good. 




Comments

  1. Life is indeed good - 46 degrees - a great temperature for a nice walk - clear blue skies ! ! ! The refectory is still chilly, but it will warm up in a couple of sunny days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday