Wednesday

 Another gray morning but the sun is shining through this morning's memories. .  A great start to the day.  

This morning Kat needed to be at work early.  She usually takes the grandsons to school and then goes on to her job at Needlers.  Today she needed to be at work early and I was given the gift of taking the grandsons to school.  What a hoot of a way to start the day.  It was a crazy dress day for Noah.  He did it up right, For Andrew, it was the high school Christmas dinner meaning two dz. cupcakes were in his arms.  They both seemed pretty wide awake starting their last week of school.  

It was a rainy drive with Andrew riding shotgun north to Westfield telling me which way to go and how fast to go. That was faster than I thought necessary. I did make an effort to follow his rules. All of this gave me a silent giggle the whole way with Andrew being the serious gunshot director and I being the grandma entertained the entire way. I told Andrew if he needed a writing prompt it could be...On the way to school with grandma at the wheel!  Noah was a backseat passenger taking it all in quietly.  It was a great memory morning that I call a hoot of a morning that will last for a long time. 

A couple of jobs are on the list this morning.  It's Wed. I'm beginning to call it another baking day.  

                   First out of the oven...Chocolate Chips.  Not a bad-looking cookie this morning.                                                                    Another batch needs to be baked but not today..  

    

                                            Next came a new one that looked like a yo-yo.                                                                   Two cookies some with raspberry jelly and some with jelly and creamed cheese. 


                                    The following cookie...more Thumbprints with Raspberry jelly. 


Most of the morning baking went into the freezer for that wonderful family celebration on New Years' weekend or later.  One exception...the grandsons got a plate full of everything.  I'm planning ahead.  On to chili this afternoon.  Another simple freezer meal.  

Thanksgiving is our big family meal time in Georgia but Xmas...time spent with family is far better than fixing huge meals that we really don't need while others go hungry.  So it's keeping it simple sweetie.  We only need enough food to keep us healthy.  Enough is good enough. If there are cookies the grandsons need nothing else.  Jacob loves my chili.  Sloppy Joes are next with Kimmy's favorite baked beans.  It's a gift to be simple. It's a gift to be free.  Music in my ear. 

We're missing the white stuff! 

The stockings were hung by the windows this afternoon.  Once again it's the do-it-again time with memories of laughter that have accompanied the coming party when dumping those stockings every year. We have yet to decide when this will happen with so many things to be a part of at Christmas.  It could be the middle of January.  




News Flash.  Grandson Jacob is moving on to college next year. The goal is a degree in music performance.  He learned tonight that he has been accepted to his third college but his first choice,  Michigan State University.  It's the GREEN SPARTAN University at Lansing.  The next step is auditioning for the schools of music happening in February and March. I know he's up to the challenge.  His grandparents are super stupidly excited.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday

Monday

Monday