Wednesday.

 Mid Week.  Yahoo!  or something like that.  Movin' right along.  

The morning seemed slow, so I was off to Goodwill to shop.  That place always is a happy place full of bargains  The goal was to find an attractive container to plant more succulents.  The container needed to be interesting so that eliminated a lot of options.  Succulents need very little water so no hole is necessary for the bottom of the container.  It's much better to neglect than overwater succulent plant. That makes plant care a breeze.  This is what I found. 




I think it could hold 4 succulents with room to grow.  Habigs at Nora has a few plants to choose from.  They could be cheaper!  

  We were off to the library again to return unread novels and borrow more succulent books.  I must admit I'm envious of pictures taken in California where they grow huge with wonderful year-round temperatures.  I found one succulent book on the shelf.  It seems I have the rest of them sitting beside my chair.  The book I brought home is another one of those California-type plantings.  I'll see what I can do with it.  Once again beautiful pictures with lots of ideas.   


Doug went home and I went on my way to Habigs.  A 30% off of any house plant helped a bit.  This is what I bought.  I think I can pull one of my old plants apart to add to this collection.  Fun, fun.  Messing with dirt is not quite the same as a summer mess but I'll take it.  These three look big but they are really tiny.  Two of the pots are about an inch across.  





During my morning trip to Goodwill, I found some contact paper rolls which turned me into a shelf-covering housewife.  I hate that job.  When our kitchen was redone years ago I refused to cover the shelves.  Bare boards were better. That has changed.  It remains to be seen how many shelves and drawers are completed.  Being short has its good side,  I can't see what a lot of the shelves look like.  The longer I live it seems that the shelves continue their move up.!!!!  

During my second trip to Goodwill after Habig's visit, I found more treasures for a total cash transaction of 5 dollars.  It's money well spent bringing a whole bunch of family laughs in a couple of weeks.  

My knees continue to be an unmatched pair with one looking a bit oversized for the reason spoken about yesterday.  Ice continues to be the answer and I'm taking great care to see that Ms. Biggie receives the attention she needs.  












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. I'm back Thanks be to God!

Wednesday

Thursday