Friday all day.
An easy crossword this morning. Wordle made me think. And I'm still thinking. Breakfast as usual. Morning as usual doing stuff.
I finished the placemats this morning making me happy and making me sad. I love fabric and always thinking about the box of interesting bits and pieces of fabric Kat gave me a few years ago. I need an IDEA!. Onward and forward to another day. The sewing table is very clean. All the thread and needles have been put away. I'm the only one that doesn't want to quit.
Last chance to see all of this together. It's moving on! A little before noon I decided a trip to Goodwill was in order. Two gifts this Christmas were containers of succulents both to Kimmy and Kat. My shelves were looking a bit sparse so the first thing needed was an interesting container. Not just any container but one that had some special interest. I found one of course! It's a small black container that has a handle such as one finds on a bucket. Then it was off to Meijer to look over the succulents. I found two that would work with one that I dug out of a container that has been growing on the shelf for some time. That all come together and is now in the dining room window.
While looking for that interesting container I found a cute little funny birdhouse. One never has too many of those so that came home with me.
And the last thing purchased was a tempered glass protector that is on the kitchen counter now protecting my counter.
with a mu
Going to Goodwill for me is like shopping at a whole bunch of yard sales with a better chance of finding what one needs or thinks one needs. Very little gas is spent. . Slow and easy does it. It was a successful couple of hours out and about. I'm always prepared to walk out of the store with nothing or something. This store seemed to have just received a whole new shipment of interesting things. It was a busy place for sure.
Nicci called this afternoon just to talk. She was my choir buddy. Doug and I are taking a break that I feel will be permanent. I think it's time to make a change! I miss seeing friends Thursday but certainly am enjoying a more leisurely Sunday at church. 55 years of choir music is under my belt. Doug has 65 years. I'm a bit tired of all the schedules others determine I need to keep. I'm cutting one out.
Beautiful place mats! And so neat to seem them all together! Thanks for sharing them - and great succulents, and cool bird house and tempered glass protector - but, come on, Lela, just how often do you REALLY walk out of Goodwill with absolutely NOTHING? I bet there are very few times that happens.
ReplyDeleteAnd, well, big news here - besides the scary storms - we have four or five monks testing positive for COVID. The most we have had at one time. So we are back on extreme precautions - masks, distance, meals on our own, recited liturgies. Any symptoms will send is immediately to our infirmary for a test. I think this says something about how contagious this new variant is. Watch out!